Any word on a Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3?

#11Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 9:45:55 AM
kalvador posted...
DQMJ2 only sold 6000 copies in NA, I doubt we will ever see it localized again. I sure hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Where's that sales data from? Considering the piracy on DS and how late it released in the DS's life with no marketing, they shouldn't base those sales for making/bringing a game over on the latest platform. If it sells really well in Japan that's all the incentive they need to get even more sales in other territories
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#12KahrainPosted 12/6/2012 10:01:40 AM
There is info on a new Dragon Quest Monsters for 3DS. It's not Joker though.

Japan only. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCMJ8bduCG0
---
=^.^= Mew.... CATS RULE!!!!
Armored Core V team: Nomadic Ravens
#13kalvadorPosted 12/6/2012 10:35:05 AM
Dark World Ruler posted...
kalvador posted...
DQMJ2 only sold 6000 copies in NA, I doubt we will ever see it localized again. I sure hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Where's that sales data from? Considering the piracy on DS and how late it released in the DS's life with no marketing, they shouldn't base those sales for making/bringing a game over on the latest platform. If it sells really well in Japan that's all the incentive they need to get even more sales in other territories

It's an early morning mistake, 60 000 instead of 6000, it comes from vgchartz.
I don't know how much a localization cost VS gross margin, but I believe it would be a risky move.
#14Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:29:01 PM
Kahrain posted...
There is info on a new Dragon Quest Monsters for 3DS. It's not Joker though.

Japan only. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCMJ8bduCG0

Thanks but if you read the topic we have already discussed it, Terry's Wonderland seems like a game that was made on DS and enhanced for 3DS. I want a full scale Joker 3 built for the 3DS in every way, not a slightly modified game running on the DS games engine
---
#15Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:39:06 PM
kalvador posted...
Dark World Ruler posted...
kalvador posted...

It's an early morning mistake, 60 000 instead of 6000, it comes from vgchartz.
I don't know how much a localization cost VS gross margin, but I believe it would be a risky move.

I really don't trust VGchartz since they have proven to under-track and over-track based by their process. That being said, the way Joker 2 did on the DS means little to how well Joker 3 would do on 3DS. For one thing, there is less competition on 3DS than the DS that was flooded with games, Joker 3 would stand out more. And the 3DS is a more secure platform with also the perfect of digital copies being able to be sold.
---