After 2-ish years~ How would you rate the 3DS?

#111BearpowersPosted 12/6/2012 3:42:21 PM
1 out of 10 outside of Japan

8.5 inside Japan.

I only play JRPGs and story centric action games, I'd be fine if we just had more confirmed localizatons, I'm not expecting them to rush out all these titles, but all this silence is pissing me off.
#112RazieruPosted 12/6/2012 4:38:02 PM(edited)
NathanisDrake posted...
I mean on the scale of 1 - 10

-64/10:
> Dat aggressively neglected E-Shop.
> Those bundles you guys will probably either NEVER see OR get two MORE years from now.
> Cheap ass to the core low budget "upgrade" option (3DS XL) despite it's ridiculous price tag. Oh, dat horrible sound quality (among other things)!

I would give it a solid 9.5

Of course you would. How are those blinders?

A great handheld with great support from both 3rd party and 1st party developers. No complaint so far,

There still isn't much of crap for two whole years, and most everything you guys nerd-gasm over will hit around the middle of next year at best. Still no Zelda, main stream Pokemon, and FRESH Mario to be had as well.

except for the fact that most games from Japan don't come overseas.

Yet you give it such a ridiculously high score. NoA alone makes the 3DS worth a perfect -64.

inb4Vitafanboys

Aw, look. He couldn't resist starting up his good old trolling decree with this unnecessary Nintenyearold fanboy line.
---
My swagger will explode you.
#113MasterShot2k5Posted 12/6/2012 4:08:25 PM
7/10

Kid Icarus Uprising was awesome

Theatrhythm : Final Fantasy...Awesome

Code of Princess? Never trust a cover with boobs. . . . . .

Super Mario 3d land? Ehh

Zelda OoT 3d? My first time playing this ...EVER, but not everybody shares my enthusiasm so.....

Still waiting for an actual final fantasy game...
---
Haters gonna hate......
#114Argh4430Posted 12/6/2012 4:21:28 PM
I think the reason I like the 3DS is that i'm not getting disappointed waiting for games I truly want, and instead, i'm enjoying what i'm getting. That is not the best thing for consumers to do, but i'm tired of whining and complaining, and I just want to enjoy playing games, even the so-called "crappy" ones. I gave up on RPGs a while ago, so the lack of them is not a problem for me. And I still enjoy Mario games, and there's two main games for that (which, despite being meh on innovation, are pretty darn fun to me). It's not all doom and gloom for me.
#115evilvergilPosted 12/6/2012 4:22:37 PM
IMO it deserves 5-6/10 at best.The lack of games is really hurting it right now.Plus Nintendo and other third-parties pretty much dragging their feet along when it comes to localizations isnt helping either.And honestly Animal crossing,Luigi's mansion,Fire emblem,and Monster hunter alone arent going to move any huge numbers.Hopefully those games arent the only 3ds games set for 2013, i know there will be more though like EO4, along with the rumored Soul Hackers,All the bravest(Bravely default),and RF4.
#116mmc2679Posted 12/6/2012 4:23:26 PM
5/10. Most of the games I want are only in Japan right now with no news of localization. I owned my Vita less than my 3DS and I have more games for my Vita than 3DS. And we all know that the Vita is struggling big time. Ninty really needs to release more games in the US.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Can't believe I spelled my own name wrong. :(
#117NnamzPosted 12/6/2012 4:23:45 PM
6/10

The system had a tremendous November and December 2011 with SM3DL and MK7, then a solid winter with Colors 3D, Resident Evil, Kid Icarus (or was that spring?). But there were a lot of disappointments and dry spells this year. Paper Mario was good, but a disapointment. Kingdom Hearts was good, but a disapointment. NSMB2 was good, but a disappointment. I'm pretty sure the only 3DS exclusive which has received "great" reviews has been Layton this fall.

Summer, fall, and (2012) winter needed games. Eshop was also relatively dry. It also needs facebook/twitter/foursquare/any freaking app support. The only reason it passes is because of the XL, which literally addressed every issue I had with the hardware.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#118CoolFangsPosted 12/6/2012 4:26:19 PM
I'd say 7.5/10. It would be higher, but needs more first party games.
---
R.I.P. - OS3874XVC : 10/12/2012 - 10/14/2012
Your lifespan was short, yet you got us the best of our PC gaming needs.
#119PlayballKPosted 12/6/2012 4:35:27 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
I mean on the scale of 1 - 10

I would give it a solid 9.5
A great handheld with great support from both 3rd party and 1st party developers. No complaint so far, except for the fact that most games from Japan don't come overseas. Overall though, I'm very pleased with the system. Hopefully more games keep coming for it. I can't wait to play Castlevania and Monster Hunter on this beast!

inb4Vitafanboys

I agree with you for a rating of 9.5. I got my 3DS this past in May and already have 14 games. I have bought far more games for it than all my other systems combined. I am pleased with the quality of games that are out there. I can't wait to play Castlevania. I wish there were more games from Japan that were arriving in the U.S. especially Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.
#120BatenKait0sPosted 12/6/2012 4:38:48 PM
9/10

It hasn't reached the heights of the DS, but it's getting there.

Code of Princess
Adventure Time
LoZ: OoT
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Tales of the Abyss
Shin Megami Tensai Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
FF: Theatrhythm
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
Cave Story 3D
Nano Assault
Shinobi

...and more.

Those titles alone make the system great and if that were to be all that is to come out at this point, I'd be satisfied.

Notice how there's no Mario? That's because the 3DS is showing the reemergence of the classic gamer.

No longer do the flagship series' run the show.
---
Currently playing:
Adventure Time (3DS), Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (3DS); Soma Bringer (DS)