After 2-ish years~ How would you rate the 3DS?

#51Darkstorm16Posted 12/6/2012 7:45:16 AM
7/10....although couple specific genre I like is being filled like platformers and action adventures the other genres are lacking
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#52Kilp45Posted 12/6/2012 7:50:12 AM
5/10 A mediocre system that still needs more games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BalloonClock - Be sure to check out my vids.
Pokemon White FC: 2880 8881 8516
#53Azure_lKitePosted 12/6/2012 7:52:07 AM
1/10 Because it's a NathanisDrake topic.

lol j/k, I don't even own the system. Kinda surprise to see "meh" scores from people who own it though.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#54xdividebyzeroxPosted 12/6/2012 7:54:11 AM
I'll give it a 7/10.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (import)
Waiting On: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Jan. 22)
#55SuperturkeysPosted 12/6/2012 7:54:54 AM
9/10
It centers around platformers and RPGs. I feel like nintendo read my brain and created a handheld based off it.
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#56MorgalagaPosted 12/6/2012 8:02:35 AM
The PSP is my most highly rated handheld currently and that's almost only because of Monster Hunter Unite.
But 3DS has ans will have sequels to some of my favorite GC games, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion so I think I'll go ahead and say its my favorite handheld of all time.
---
EX-TERM-INATE EX-TERM-INATE EX-TERM-INATE
#57AteasPosted 12/6/2012 8:37:49 AM(edited)
While I still have high hopes for my 3DS and play it much more than my Xbox, I'd have to say 6/10. There are some staples that I would've hoped come out now, such as a SotN-style Castlevania game (we had one at or near release for the DS and GBA, and they were a driving force for me buying those consoles), a Final Fantasy game (or some kind of JRPG in general), and others that aren't coming to mind right now.

I haven't heard about any kind of FF5 or FF6 remake (which is strange since we got both 3 and 4 for the DS, although I don't remember how early), and I'm not sure we'll even get DQM or Bravely Default - two games which exactly fit what I'm looking for on the console. Square needs to get smart and release these games instead of neglecting anything that doesn't have "Final Fantasy 13" in the title,

It seems the 3DS isn't being given the golden treatment that the original DS was when it comes to great games. Up until now I'd given the 3DS a pass since it was young, but I was hoping we'd have more stuff for it by now. I don't think it's a dead system (and I don't think it will be one), but it seems like there just aren't as many interesting games on it coming out at a reasonable rate.

Edit: I should mention that I'm not disappointed in the 3DS. Once more games I'm interested in come out, I'd easily raise it to a 9 or 10.
#58DjSparx162Posted 12/6/2012 8:37:01 AM
based on personal experience with it before i sold it, 3/10, it hurt my eyes, gave me headaches and the games honestly weren't that great. it basically turned into a DS with a zelda case before i realised i have a DS.
#59megaponderPosted 12/6/2012 8:41:02 AM
8/10.
1 point is because the game production rate is slow
1 point is because I can't watch a damn 10+ minutes video from my SD Card
#60legionofpancakePosted 12/6/2012 8:47:28 AM
A definite 8.5/10 just because I've been able to enjoy my 3DS throughout the years I've had it.

I've only bought five retail games, at least five downloadable games, and I have my ambassador games for it within two years. I've had a good time.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.