Best Harvest Moon Game for 3DS or DS?

#1AnimeFreakKatiePosted 12/6/2012 1:00:28 PM
I haven't played a harvest moon game before so I thought I'd try it out.

Out of the Harvest Moon series for both the DS and 3DS, which is the best game? What harvest moon game would you reccomend I try first?
#2Twilightwolf444Posted 12/6/2012 1:22:55 PM
Well, a lot of people are saying that Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning is the best one so far. I haven't played it yet, so I wouldn't know.

Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns is a really good Harvest Moon game. But if you get it, make sure you get the DS version, not the 3DS version. The 3DS version has a couple of problems with it.

Harvest Moon DS: Island of Happiness is another one that is pretty good. :)
---
US Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS FC: 5198-2493-9347
I Am Female, American, and a Hardcore Gamer ;)
#3danny5329Posted 12/6/2012 1:25:48 PM
Harvest Moon : A New Beginning

Played it, love it. Probably the best handheld Harvest Moon to date after FoMT.
---
My Body Is Ready for........
2nd Super Robot Taisen OG
#4Northern_RosePosted 12/6/2012 1:34:04 PM
A New Beginning for the 3DS

for DS

HM: Sunshine Islands (NOT Island of happiness is about the best one, they added so much more content and got rid of the touch only controls)

HM: Grand Bazaar is fun and a bit different but a good place for new comers to the series.

Also Rune Factory 3, best HM game for the DS and best Zelda style Action/Adventure game as well, the farming is not as strict and more forgiving and hey there is dungeons if you get bored with just farming. Spend a day doing nothing but fishing and your still ok.

This question gets asked a lot on the DS board and it always has the same 2 answers, HM Sunshine Islands or Rune Factory 3.

Having said that A new beginning for 3DS looks good and I bought it but have yet to play it.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#5theGirlyGamerPosted 12/6/2012 1:39:49 PM
A lot of Harvest Moon fans (not all, but most) think that Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands were two of the worst Harvest Moon games made. Personally, I played one of those and really disliked it.

Harvest Moon DS and DS Cute are both pretty great. I've played both and enjoyed them. Tale of Two Towns is supposed to be pretty great too. But like Twilightwolf444 said, buy the DS version since the 3DS version has been known to freeze often.

But fans of the series are saying that A New Beginning for the 3DS is definitely the best one to come out in a long, long time. It has a ton of customization and events. The first season is apparently really slow though. So you'll have to make it to summer before you start enjoying yourself. I'll be getting A New Beginning for Christmas though, so until then, I can't really speak for myself on how great it is.
#6pokemonmaster0Posted 12/6/2012 2:14:54 PM
theGirlyGamer posted...
A lot of Harvest Moon fans (not all, but most) think that Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands were two of the worst Harvest Moon games made. Personally, I played one of those and really disliked it.

Harvest Moon DS and DS Cute are both pretty great. I've played both and enjoyed them. Tale of Two Towns is supposed to be pretty great too. But like Twilightwolf444 said, buy the DS version since the 3DS version has been known to freeze often.

But fans of the series are saying that A New Beginning for the 3DS is definitely the best one to come out in a long, long time. It has a ton of customization and events. The first season is apparently really slow though. So you'll have to make it to summer before you start enjoying yourself. I'll be getting A New Beginning for Christmas though, so until then, I can't really speak for myself on how great it is.

I despised Island of Happiness. Your stamina is so pitiful that it destroys all fun.
I really should pick up the new one.
#7squatch22Posted 12/6/2012 2:50:55 PM
I was thinking about getting 1 of these games too.
Decided to go with Sunshine Islands. Its only 10 preowned on GAME website too.
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8GenoPosted 12/6/2012 5:35:31 PM
A New Beginning is a great game. My biggest gripe with it, which isn't a HUGE gripe, is that they seemed to deliberately take away all the forward steps that they should have taken from Rune Factory.

Also, putting away whatever you're holding to pick up (and put away) what you pick up, only to take the half second to take the original hold item out? That can get mildly annoying.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853