Wanting to buy a 3DS tomorrow

#1_HlM_Posted 12/6/2012 8:21:29 PM(edited)
My main reason for wanting to buy a 3DS is Castlevania, anywho other games I wanna pick up are Zelda to replay it again.

The only problem I have is I don't know which to pick up, a regular 3DS or a 3DS XL, I've seen pictures for both compared to the Vita (picked up a Vita on the Amazon Black Friday deal).

I like that the 3DS is smaller with the smaller screens but then I took a look at the 3DS XL compared to the Vita and really like the size of it but I don't know if i'll regret picking up on over the other.

So, 3DS board i need your help in picking between the 3DS and 3DS XL.

Any pros and cons? besides the price difference?

EDIT: I wish i knew someone with both the 3DS and 3DS XL xD if i could just hold both in my hands i'm sure i'd know which version of the 3DS is best for me.

---
Why don't you go take a jog? Better yet, go kick some rocks.
Let me guess you have a blog, follow trends like it's your job.
#2viajarvPosted 12/6/2012 8:26:26 PM
If you want the best deal for your money, get the 3ds xl at toys r us. 200$ for a 3ds xl, digital copy of mk7, 30$ gift card, and bobble head stylus
#3_HlM_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:32:38 PM
viajarv posted...
If you want the best deal for your money, get the 3ds xl at toys r us. 200$ for a 3ds xl, digital copy of mk7, 30$ gift card, and bobble head stylus

Link? I'd call my TRU but they're closed for tonight. If it's true i'll deff. be getting the 3DS XL.
---
#4ACx7Posted 12/6/2012 8:38:31 PM(edited)
That bundle is available everywhere. But I am assuming the bonus stylus/Gift Card is only at TRU. They did the same thing this time last year for the original DS. That's probably your best bet. The only downside to the XL is that it's harder to carry around in your pocket. Pretty much everything else about the system is better than the original, IMO.
#5_HlM_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 9:04:22 PM
ACx7 posted...
That bundle is available everywhere. But I am assuming the bonus stylus/Gift Card is only at TRU. They did the same thing this time last year for the original DS. That's probably your best bet. The only downside to the XL is that it's harder to carry around in your pocket. Pretty much everything else about the system is better than the original, IMO.

Hows the 3DS XL Stylus? Sorry if 3DS doesnt have one i havent had a DS in ages. Is it thick like it was on the DSi XXL or whatever it was?
---
#6MetalLokiPosted 12/6/2012 9:09:50 PM
"My main reason for wanting to buy a 3DS is Castlevania"

inb4 akxsion

anyways I have the regular one and love it, I tried the XL but didn't like the feel.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#7Willie_MakeitPosted 12/6/2012 9:31:20 PM
OMG, PLEASE GET THE XL FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR SANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Sig is currently under construction. Deal with it.
#8Willie_MakeitPosted 12/6/2012 9:37:14 PM
_HlM_ posted...
ACx7 posted...

Hows the 3DS XL Stylus? Sorry if 3DS doesnt have one i havent had a DS in ages. Is it thick like it was on the DSi XXL or whatever it was?

As far as that goes, that's my only issue. It wears out and keeps falling out of it's place. You might want to get some spares. Don't let that turn you off though. The XL is far superior to the original.
---
Sig is currently under construction. Deal with it.
#9_HlM_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:35:58 PM
Got the blue XL :) very nice
---
#10EvonfirePosted 12/8/2012 8:20:18 PM
Congrats HM on a very wise purchase.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.