Mirror of Fate - Trevor's Story Trailer

#1badboyPosted 12/7/2012 3:50:35 AM
http://youtu.be/nx1xhyyRHpM
#2AXKSIONPosted 12/7/2012 5:19:01 AM
Wow, that art style - YUCK!

Wow, that voice acting - ICKY!

How many years must we wait for another good Castlevania game and in the style of Metroidvania?
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#3TeremeiPosted 12/7/2012 5:33:13 AM
art style, not bad IMO. Voice acting, who cares IMO. As long as it is a fun game with good 3D I'll be happy.
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +
#4nazacuckooPosted 12/7/2012 6:11:14 AM
Looks good.

I don't understand why there are complaints about the art style and voice acting, though.
The art style seems great to me, WAAAY better than all those anime castlevanias.
And the voice acting doesn't seem too bad either,
definiatly better than most previous castlevania's VO.

And finally, they confirmed there will be exploration, I can't believe nobody seems to have heard that.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#5brStalkerPosted 12/7/2012 6:32:56 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
Looks good.

I don't understand why there are complaints about the art style and voice acting, though.
The art style seems great to me, WAAAY better than all those anime castlevanias.

And finally, they confirmed there will be exploration, I can't believe nobody seems to have heard that.

Don't mind the guy, he's just your regular fanboy that thinks Metroidvanias are the only kind of games that should exist. This game is just fine.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#6gransPosted 12/7/2012 7:17:10 AM
Pretty nice art style actually, nice visuals overall. I really like the cel shaded style.

The one serious problem is with the animation. The movement that is actually there is well done, but much of the animation looks unfinished (and I hope that's all that is wrong here). Character models will just stop moving abruptly in cutscenes as if their animation cycle isn't completed yet. Very jerky and jarring. Especially noticeable is the lack of lip movement on the characters. The models are clearly rigged to support lip movement as their mouths do move during certain dialog, they just aren't animated for most of the dialog. It's rather jarring and annoying looking. I'm guessing this is because the game isn't finished yet, and I hope that's the case. But i'm not getting my hopes up.

My interest in the game overall though is growing. Just fix that animation.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#7AXKSIONPosted 12/7/2012 7:32:23 AM
brStalker posted...
nazacuckoo posted...
Looks good.

Don't mind the guy, he's just your regular fanboy that thinks Metroidvanias are the only kind of games that should exist. This game is just fine.

noope
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#8stridermeisPosted 12/7/2012 7:40:28 AM
Why bother having cut scenes with close ups to the characters faces if they're lips don't even move? It looks ridiculous.

I'll be happy with this game as long as the bosses don't have a specific action needed to finish them off like in lord of shadows. That wasn't fun for people who don't enjoy god of war like me.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9ToiseOfChoicePosted 12/7/2012 7:44:58 AM
The faces are the only weird thing about that trailer, and for whatever reason they look way better in the castle bits.

Voice acting is fine and I love the accents. Whoever was smart enough to not let Little Simon speak deserves a raise.
#10brStalkerPosted 12/7/2012 7:53:21 AM
AXKSION posted...
brStalker posted...
nazacuckoo posted...
Looks good.

noope

Just face it, you wouldn't be complaining about it if it was a Metroidvania, LoS timeline or not.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega