Why get Monster Hunter when you have MMORPG on a PC? For example, Guild Wars?

#1AAngelEyesPosted 12/7/2012 3:14:50 PM
Just curious why for this game?

It's like a RPG, but if you have a PC I am sure there would be better free MMORPG games for the PC. Just because the PC has better capabilities then the 3DS, I am sure Monster Hunter 3 may not live up to PC MMORPG games?

I am not bashing anyone, I am just wondering. Thanks!
#2necrofear45Posted 12/7/2012 3:17:48 PM
I feel the same way for all the titles on PC and 3DS (like VVVVVV, Cave Story, etc)

Heck the Sonic Generations 3DS version costs significantly more than the Steam version, don't get me started on Steam sales
---
http://a.yfrog.com/img831/3403/bg546dh56.jpg
#3Canas_RenvallPosted 12/7/2012 3:17:54 PM
I don't really enjoy MMOs and I've never played more than the MHTri demo on the Wii, but... they're very different games.

The MMOs I've played, the free ones (Ragnarok Online, Mabinogi, DC Universe Online) all play very differently from one another but I couldn't get into them. But I can tell that they and MH are veeeeeery different.

Plus not everyone has a gaming PC.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#4OtherSuperPhilPosted 12/7/2012 3:18:20 PM
They're completely different games is the main reason. Monster Hunter isn't really an MMORPG anyway, so this comparison confuses me. Did I misunderstand you?
---
If you need to see everything wrong with gamers and their (lack of) maturity, come visit a gaming message board.
#5UnbralPosted 12/7/2012 3:21:36 PM
Because it's really hard to play online on a notebook on a bus. In 3D.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#6AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:22:09 PM
OtherSuperPhil posted...
They're completely different games is the main reason. Monster Hunter isn't really an MMORPG anyway, so this comparison confuses me. Did I misunderstand you?

What is the difference aspect of it?

I am not sure about that, since I haven't really played it much.
#7NettoSaitoPosted 12/7/2012 3:24:05 PM
It's a completely different type of game, and most MMOs get old, fast. (I've played over 100 of them lol)

Anyway, Monster Hunter also has a MMO in Japan which constantly gets updates with new monsters, new areas, new weapons, a pet system, and so on. If we lived in Japan, more people would be playing that then 3U.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#8AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:24:35 PM
Unbral posted...
Because it's really hard to play online on a notebook on a bus. In 3D.

Oh yes, besides the obvious portable aspect of it, what is the others?

For me, I don't play my 3DS elsewhere besides my house. But that may not apply to everyone.

I am getting Monster Hunter though (unless animal crossing comes out first), but just curious.
#9arthur8642Posted 12/7/2012 3:25:35 PM
Many people (like me) can't justify the cost of a gaming pc, while consoles and handhelds are much more reasonable in price.
---
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'
#10E-25Posted 12/7/2012 3:26:45 PM
OtherSuperPhil posted...

This.

MH is a lot more active, whereas GW is RPG hit & retaliate for the most part. MH is in the Action genre of games, where GW is a MMORPG.
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?