Why get Monster Hunter when you have MMORPG on a PC? For example, Guild Wars?

#11OtherSuperPhilPosted 12/7/2012 2:27:01 PM
AAngelEyes posted...
OtherSuperPhil posted...
They're completely different games is the main reason. Monster Hunter isn't really an MMORPG anyway, so this comparison confuses me. Did I misunderstand you?

What is the difference aspect of it?

I am not sure about that, since I haven't really played it much.

Forgive my lazy answer, but look up videos on Monster Hunter Tri, either a solo player or a team battling a monster. The difference should be large.
---
If you need to see everything wrong with gamers and their (lack of) maturity, come visit a gaming message board.
#12Kaze_MemaryuPosted 12/7/2012 2:32:02 PM
AAngelEyes posted...
OtherSuperPhil posted...
They're completely different games is the main reason. Monster Hunter isn't really an MMORPG anyway, so this comparison confuses me. Did I misunderstand you?

Dude, don't go telling people to do this if you don't know about that.

And to answer your question: Monster Hunter is not an MMO. It's a team-based action game with high strategy play on real time. You have to hunt down oversized monsters and actively fight, dodge, parry, lay traps and all while it has collision detection. No menu no macro, no clicking on enemies. You can't even fight other people - it's all about hunting together.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#13AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:34:28 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
AAngelEyes posted...
OtherSuperPhil posted...

Dude, don't go telling people to do this if you don't know about that.

And to answer your question: Monster Hunter is not an MMO. It's a team-based action game with high strategy play on real time. You have to hunt down oversized monsters and actively fight, dodge, parry, lay traps and all while it has collision detection. No menu no macro, no clicking on enemies. You can't even fight other people - it's all about hunting together.

I never told people to do something about this or that. I just asked a question lol. And I said to myself, I am getting this game. Unless Animal Crossing comes out soon after or before.
Anyways it does seem interesting.
#14Rainbro_DashPosted 12/7/2012 2:36:33 PM
>_>
Why buy something you want and that I know nothing about when you can buy something I like and know about?
---
"All Zombie Guys are pigs, they only like girls for their brains!"
Endgame's alt
#15AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:43:34 PM
Rainbro_Dash posted...
>_>
Why buy something you want and that I know nothing about when you can buy something I like and know about?

I'm confused at you statement.

But we both have a few months until the release :) to learn more about it
#16Rainbro_DashPosted 12/7/2012 2:46:18 PM
AAngelEyes posted...
Rainbro_Dash posted...
>_>

I'm confused at you statement.

But we both have a few months until the release :) to learn more about it

It is you statement without all the name drops. You know nothing about MH but are asking why people are chosing it over a game you do know. Why are you asking if you had no clue that MH was an MMO?
---
"All Zombie Guys are pigs, they only like girls for their brains!"
Endgame's alt
#17BlackPhoenix127Posted 12/7/2012 2:46:57 PM
A better question is why play another generic PC MMORPG that would require spending hundreds on a PC when I can play Monster Hunter?

Seriously TC. If you don't know what Monster Hunter is then don't come in asking these ignorant questions.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#18CrimsonRoyalPosted 12/7/2012 2:47:37 PM
Rainbro_Dash posted...
>_>

Have you ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
---
3ds fc- 5241-2042-9073
#19IAznDragonI YanPosted 12/7/2012 2:49:53 PM
consoles/handhelds need more MMORPG. the PC is full of them anyways.
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#20alamazing1234Posted 12/7/2012 2:52:48 PM
All MMOs have terrible gameplay. Monster Hunter is king when it comes to combat. No other series on PC or consoles even comes close. Even Dark Souls is inferior.