Why get Monster Hunter when you have MMORPG on a PC? For example, Guild Wars?

#21AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:13:15 PM
BlackPhoenix127 posted...
A better question is why play another generic PC MMORPG that would require spending hundreds on a PC when I can play Monster Hunter?

Seriously TC. If you don't know what Monster Hunter is then don't come in asking these ignorant questions.

I am sure since you are on a PC I am sure most of you guys have a PC that can handle good games.

Ignorant would be = OMG MONSTER HUNTER SUCKS IT IS EXACTLY LIKE A PC GAME WHY WOULD YOU SPEND MONEY ON A 3DS GAME!

My question is more along of the lines of why people would buy this game in contrast of having a PC. Its a question to find out more about Monster Hunters. :).
#22SoaringDivePosted 12/7/2012 4:29:20 PM
Monster Hunter has combat. PC MMORPGS don't (standing in place pressing your hot keys is not combat).
---
PM me if you add me (I won't bite... hard)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#23Nickcool1996Posted 12/7/2012 4:30:06 PM
I highly dislike playing games on my PC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#24MetalLokiPosted 12/7/2012 4:31:54 PM
AAngelEyes posted...
BlackPhoenix127 posted...
A better question is why play another generic PC MMORPG that would require spending hundreds on a PC when I can play Monster Hunter?

Seriously TC. If you don't know what Monster Hunter is then don't come in asking these ignorant questions.

I am sure since you are on a PC I am sure most of you guys have a PC that can handle good games.

Ignorant would be = OMG MONSTER HUNTER SUCKS IT IS EXACTLY LIKE A PC GAME WHY WOULD YOU SPEND MONEY ON A 3DS GAME!

My question is more along of the lines of why people would buy this game in contrast of having a PC. Its a question to find out more about Monster Hunters. :).

Nah bros that(your example) is ignorant but so is assuming that MH was an mmo without even looking at it. Also assuming that everyone has a gaming pc is ignorant.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#25iusefebrezePosted 12/7/2012 4:38:19 PM(edited)
arthur8642 posted...
Many people (like me) can't justify the cost of a gaming pc, while consoles and handhelds are much more reasonable in price.

You are so ignorant. The difference in cost is made up in the games. I'd spend maybe $200 a year buying 4-6 games for consoles. Now i've spent a total of maybe $100 this year and i've received maybe 40 games for PC.

here's an example
http://www.humblebundle.com/
saint's row 3
Titan quest
company of heros, opposing fronts, tales of valor
metro 2033
darksiders
red faction armageddon
all for less then $6

These games would cost $86 on consoles and that's excluding the games only availible for PC that are in the bundle.
The console prices are from amazon.

I have bought more games then I need and for a way lower price.

Master race strikes again.
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#26Stefan1277Posted 12/7/2012 4:36:59 PM
Monster Hunter =/= MMO.

There's no leveling, which means there isn't infinite hours of grinding.

Equipment and the making of such is different. In the majority of games, you get equipment drops, while in some others you *can* build it yourself. Here, you MUST make them yourself and upgrade them.

There's no bots, no hacking, no annoying people, no lag.

Compared to the majority of MMOs, this isn't point and click. This is active, skill based fighting. (Like I said, compared to the majority. There's plenty of active fighting MMOs out there too)

It's portable. I have MHFU and I play when I'm in bed before going to sleep.

In this game, enemies are strong and vicious, but you can manage to defeat them on your own using resources around you and sheer amounts of ability. In MMOs, you MUST team up in large numbers to defeat a strong boss... unless you're several levels stronger than said boss.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#27Vincent_CorePosted 12/7/2012 4:39:46 PM
Because I don't play games on the pc.
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#28Vincent_CorePosted 12/7/2012 4:46:15 PM
iusefebreze posted...
arthur8642 posted...
Many people (like me) can't justify the cost of a gaming pc, while consoles and handhelds are much more reasonable in price.

You are so ignorant. The difference in cost is made up in the games. I'd spend maybe $200 a year buying 4-6 games for consoles. Now i've spent a total of maybe $100 this year and i've received maybe 40 games for PC.

here's an example
saint's row 3
Titan quest
metro 2033
darksiders
red faction armageddon
all for less then $6

These games would cost $86 on consoles and that's excluding the games only availible for PC that are in the bundle.

Does it really offend you when someone chooses consoles over pc?
---
#29iusefebrezePosted 12/7/2012 4:48:33 PM
Vincent_Core posted...
iusefebreze posted...
arthur8642 posted...

here's an example
saint's row 3
Titan quest
metro 2033
darksiders
red faction armageddon
all for less then $6

Only when they say it's cheaper to buy consoles. If they go with a better reason then no it does not.
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#30Vincent_CorePosted 12/7/2012 4:54:22 PM
iusefebreze posted...
Vincent_Core posted...
iusefebreze posted...
arthur8642 posted...

here's an example
saint's row 3
Titan quest
metro 2033
darksiders
red faction armageddon
all for less then $6

Only when they say it's cheaper to buy consoles. If they go with a better reason then no it does not.

Except it is cheaper to buy consoles that's a fact.
---