I'm not much of a resident evil fan but....

#1Darkstorm16Posted 12/7/2012 5:04:29 PM
I did love the demo for Revelations, my question is, can it work well as a "stand alone" type of game or is it an obvious leading into one of the others that leave you going....oh great now I got to get the other one?

Also how is Mercenaries?

I want some horror games but I seem to not be able to find any besides Resident Evil or Silent hill >.<
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#2stargazer64Posted 12/7/2012 5:09:20 PM
It works fine as a stand alone game.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#3Mega_RatPosted 12/7/2012 5:16:18 PM
Dude, play the trilogy of Fatal Frame. Love them the most out of the trio of horror. :D

And if you means ... get the 4th one on wii. Kinda ignore the 3DS one.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game! :D
#4Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 5:18:34 PM
Mega_Rat posted...
Dude, play the trilogy of Fatal Frame. Love them the most out of the trio of horror. :D

I heard the Spirit Camera one is part of the Fatal Frame , is that any good? and Mercenaries...I meant the 3ds one lol. But idk if it helps but Im on a search for a cheap PS2 in my town lol.
---
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#5pokemonmaster0Posted 12/7/2012 5:22:01 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
Mega_Rat posted...

I heard the Spirit Camera one is part of the Fatal Frame , is that any good? and Mercenaries...I meant the 3ds one lol. But idk if it helps but Im on a search for a cheap PS2 in my town lol.

The 3ds game is infamously short.
#6Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 5:27:20 PM
pokemonmaster0 posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
Mega_Rat posted...

How long are we talking?
---
#7Mega_RatPosted 12/7/2012 5:32:51 PM(edited)
pokemonmaster0 posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
Mega_Rat posted...

What he said, if you're gonna play Fatal Frame (on the PS2) then ignore the 3DS one. The PS2 ones are the average length of horror games. I don't care what anyone says, but the graphics for the first Fatal Frame did make the game scarier. xD

Heard the 3DS one is like 3-4 hours?

As for Mercs: It is an action arcade shooting game. Basically kill as much crap, get bonus time, try to clear all 150 enemies, 8 playable characters, about 10+ non training stages (some are doubles, but he enemy changes really mak you change your plan). I have it and I love it. It also has online co-op!
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game! :D
#8bcorneliaPosted 12/7/2012 5:35:15 PM
Revelations has a 10 hour campaign, a new game+ feature that encourages multiple playthroughs, and a supplemental "Raid Mode" that is addictive and will probably add on another 20-50 hours (even more if you really get into it).
---
My old account got better.
#9Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 5:41:59 PM
Sounds like if I want a "horror" genre...I'm better off getting a used PS2?....how is Silent Hill for PSone?
---
#10Mariofan15Posted 12/7/2012 5:51:04 PM
Revelations has a 10 hour campaign, a new game+ feature that encourages multiple playthroughs, and a supplemental "Raid Mode" that is addictive and will probably add on another 20-50 hours (even more if you really get into it).

Pretty much this. You wont be disappointed with Revelations. You honestly wont.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2