charge while u play?

#1Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 12/7/2012 8:25:18 PM
So i just bought a 3ds xl today, didnt hav anything prior to that (stopped at gba sp, just hopped back on the handheld bandwagon) and didnt hav too much time to mess around with it before work. While on my first break, it started dying. It wouldnt charge while on, so im chargin it now while off. My question is, is it just not possible to charge while its on? Is it just that my car battery sucks(i mean, it does, but it charges my phone fine)? Or do i need to buy a different peripheral to do it(which, knowing nintendo, is very likely)? Thanks in advance
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 12/7/2012 8:32:36 PM
you can play while charging. you can do that with practically anything electronic nowadays.
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#3iMURDAuPosted 12/7/2012 8:44:28 PM
You should have charged it as soon as you took it out of the box. They don't ship with a fully charged battery. And it should charge while in use. I don't have an XL but my regular 3DS, hell even my DS Lite, could play and charge simultaneously.
---
"Either way's good with me. But I wonder what Zanza would say about it."
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#4Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:13:24 PM
Ok cool thanks guys, guess it is just my crummy car battery.

N yea i figure i hav to charge everythin brand new, but since my car wasnt charging it at all, i thought "oh, what a pleasant surprise, charged out of the box! Nice!" And like i said i didnt hav any time to mess with it before work so i couldnt fully charge it yet. So..... yea. Thanks! Issue resolved!
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#5OnikyuubiPosted 12/7/2012 9:59:27 PM
Yeah, car battery and large USB hubs without extra power source usually do a bad job at charging.
Direct power source charging is the best/fastest.

My Samsung tab simply refuses to switch to "Charging" when I plug it in the USB hub, and charges very slowly using the car battery.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jsS41.png
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-kyag.html