XL bottom screen scratching top?

#1zachammerPosted 12/7/2012 8:28:17 PM
I thought this issue was alleviated for this model, but I have noticed some very small dots heading vertical on the top screen that line up with the bottom border that sticks out. It is nearly impossible to spot them unless a very bright light is shone on the screen, so it's not a bother but I'd like to know if this is semi-preventable(without screen protectors, I really don't like using them) Perhaps the screen was closed too fast, or dust was trapped in between the screens rubbing them in my pocket?

Also, if this issue persists is it fixable under Nintendo's warranty?

Thanks for any help.
---
There's no sense in praying to he who is slaving you.
PSN:Zachammer666 3DS FC: 1504-7136-2150
#2stargazer64Posted 12/7/2012 8:32:23 PM
Sigh. Call Nintendo. They will pay for their transgressions.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#3MarsfordPosted 12/7/2012 8:34:11 PM
This was brought up a while ago, but most people either don't have it, or haven't mentioned it it seems.

If you convince whoever you're talking to that it's Nintendo's fault (which is likely is), then I would think they would repair it.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#4zachammer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:50:41 PM
Yeah, I knew it was brought up but the XL is my first 3ds so I hadn't seen what the scratches looked like so moreso was looking for confirmation. May just have to call them and order some screen protectors for its arrival back. Sigh, sometimes I wish I didn't notice such minute details and let them constantly worry me. I seriously doubt any of my friends would have noticed if it was 10x as bad haha.
---
There's no sense in praying to he who is slaving you.
PSN:Zachammer666 3DS FC: 1504-7136-2150
#5WeirdJohnPosted 12/8/2012 7:26:38 AM
My friend had this problem. Returned and exchanged it once. Sent it back to nintendo the second time. He keeps a piece of felt inbetween the screens to avoid damage now. I used a few sheets of folded tissue for mine until I can get something better.

Bottom line, if you take care of the system well, it won't be a problem.
---
WeirdJohn: The King Of Safe Haven!
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 12/8/2012 7:31:16 AM
WeirdJohn posted...
My friend had this problem. Returned and exchanged it once. Sent it back to nintendo the second time. He keeps a piece of felt inbetween the screens to avoid damage now. I used a few sheets of folded tissue for mine until I can get something better.

Bottom line, it shouldn't happen at all, and its a joke that it still does.
#7lanifPosted 12/8/2012 7:31:57 AM
people just love to complain your system is not going to look like brand new forever
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 12/8/2012 7:33:48 AM
lanif posted...
people just love to complain your system is not going to look like brand new forever

there's a difference between something not looking 'brand new'' and having a legitimate design flaw. this is a design flaw, much like the scratched-out-of-the-box iphone 5s.
#9JC_JensonPosted 12/8/2012 8:26:14 AM
Hori screen protectors.
#10WeirdJohnPosted 12/8/2012 8:29:57 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
WeirdJohn posted...

Bottom line, it shouldn't happen at all, and its a joke that it still does.

I take it you had this happen to you as well? I agree that it is a design flaw, but there are also very easy ways to avoid it. Screen protectors for one. The felt idea for another. My friend uses both.

Never had this issue on my DS Lite, but i think that it because the screens are the same size. I'd be ok with less top screen real estate if it solved this problem.
---
WeirdJohn: The King Of Safe Haven!