Paper Mario: TTYD port.

#21Koi_TenchiPosted 12/8/2012 3:06:10 PM
21_21 posted...
I honestly don't understand why they didn't make another Paper Mario like TTYD. It's the best one. They got everything right imo, and since it was the first PM game I played, it might be why I didn't like the others, althought I haven't played the wii one yet...

You played and didn't like the N64 one?

I don't get that, if you really liked TTYD. TTYD is mechanics/gameplay-wise is literally an expanded upon version of N64 Paper Mario. Obviously they each have their own story and characters though.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#2221_21Posted 12/8/2012 3:24:26 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
21_21 posted...
I honestly don't understand why they didn't make another Paper Mario like TTYD. It's the best one. They got everything right imo, and since it was the first PM game I played, it might be why I didn't like the others, althought I haven't played the wii one yet...

I don't get that, if you really liked TTYD. TTYD is mechanics/gameplay-wise is literally an expanded upon version of N64 Paper Mario. Obviously they each have their own story and characters though.

Yes, I played the n64 one, and I wasn't a huge fan of it, to be honest. The one for n64 felt kind of slow-paced. I don't know why or how to explain it, but I didn't have that same excitement I got from TTYD. Maybe if I played hten 64 one first, then I might've liked it.
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#23masa8munePosted 12/8/2012 3:34:56 PM
21_21 posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
21_21 posted...

Yes, I played the n64 one, and I wasn't a huge fan of it, to be honest. The one for n64 felt kind of slow-paced. I don't know why or how to explain it, but I didn't have that same excitement I got from TTYD. Maybe if I played hten 64 one first, then I might've liked it.

they're both amazing.
PM64 has one thing ttyd has not:NO BACKTRACKING.
and well the dessert love that.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#2421_21Posted 12/8/2012 3:37:03 PM
Eh, I never considered backtracking a tedious process in TTYD, but since you guys really love it that much, I might give the game a second chance eventually...
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#25Frozenx07Posted 12/8/2012 9:21:40 PM
I like the first Paper Mario more than the second because I played it first. I can understand not liking the first if you played it second. You would be comparing it differently.
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558
#26AXKSIONPosted 12/8/2012 9:31:22 PM
I never liked the paper series and would have much rather had a proper Mario RPG like SMRPG2.

However, I probably would have bought this game if Paper Mario Sticker Star wasn't such a barebones game, devoid of RPG elements, variety, exploration, multiple characters, story, etc.

It was bad enough that the Paper Mario series was already dumbed down.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#27Monkmaster79Posted 12/8/2012 9:48:12 PM
if the Wii U is getting gamecube games on its virtual console, then TTYD will most likely be available there.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#28_Candice_Posted 12/9/2012 11:16:54 AM
Monkmaster79 posted...
if the Wii U is getting gamecube games on its virtual console, then TTYD will most likely be available there.

Not to be a b**** but id like a citation for this. I see people saying this left and right but I never saw any articles or Nintendo Directs confirming this.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#2921_21Posted 12/9/2012 11:41:40 AM
_Candice_ posted...
Monkmaster79 posted...

Not to be a b**** but id like a citation for this. I see people saying this left and right but I never saw any articles or Nintendo Directs confirming this.

Hence why he said IF.

In fact, it wasn't confirmed yet, but I believe Reggie himself mentioned that possibility. I don't feel like looking for a link right now but it might be wrong, so don't quote me on this.
---
Currently playing:
#30helldewPosted 12/9/2012 11:48:48 AM
the problem is with TTYD>>Papermario 64 is that TTYD pretty much worked on making everything P64 had and just made it beter going backwards is just a downgrade in many areas. P64 is great but TTYD toped it IMO. playing TTYD first though kinda sucked cause P64 is solid.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.