What has Nintendo handled the worst in regards to the 3DS?

#61johnluke728Posted 12/8/2012 10:11:17 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Virtual Console

I want Shantae NOW!

Same here, it's really stupid when the game's been ready and set with the CAPCOM screen removed from it and everything, for months, and it's still not on the eShop. I've been waiting to flip off price-gouging collectors with this title for long enough, seriously. (My view of collectors, or at least the kind who resell their stuff for profit years later, aren't much better than scalpers; they're just more patient and wait for demand.)

Also, although they're starting to put more GBA stuff on there, it's nigh blasphemy that they haven't added any SNES games to the Virtual Console yet. The 3DS could emulate all the greatest hits from the SNES much easier than the DS did with SNESMULDS. I guess they'll have to have a pretty bone-dry fiscal quarter before they'll even think about it, though.

It's stupid, they're sitting on an instant shopping spree from people who grew up on SNES titles and still love them, like me, and Nintendo isn't doing it. I've always wanted to play my old favorites on the go even as a kid. Homebrew on the DS brought 99% of that to me, but the idea of playing Super Metroid or A Link to the Past flawlessly without hiccups and near perfect sound would tickle me to no end.
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#62boring_namePosted 12/8/2012 10:12:07 PM
randomshems posted...
other=nothing if your so upset about region locking go buy a JP 3DS and only buy games from there seeing as you sooooooo can read Japanese >>

Yes, why didn't I think of buying multiple 3DSs such a simple, easy solution! BTW I can read multiple languages, if you can't that's your lose not mine.
#63Zechs23Posted 12/8/2012 10:12:18 PM
sockesocke posted...
other, region lock.
#64Rurouni720Posted 12/8/2012 10:17:04 PM
boring_name posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
boring_name posted...
The E-shop is a hideous disaster, far worse than any other online shop offering anywhere, but there are lots of things they've handled poorly.

Even the Wii's OS?? O.o

I actually do think it's even worse than the Wii's OS and that's saying something. The organization is just terrible, it needs to be completely reworked.

I can't say i can agree with you there, but yes the organization definitely needs an overhaul with competency in mind. However even at the E-shop's worse, the Wii's OS is literally an abomination full of limitations towards even Indie devs.

If only the purchases weren't tied to the handheld....
#65Sir_HaxorPosted 12/8/2012 10:21:26 PM
CubeTV posted...
^Here in America, they tell us there's going to be something released... Only to NOT release it!
They even remove stuff without ANY warning whatsoever. I would expect something like this from Capcom (this generation) but not Nintendo of America.

The bad treatment of the Virtual Console in the US has caused me to start pirating and actually ENCOURAGE others to do it because of NoA. I might even start a petition...

Watch me get modded for agreeing.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#66ChocoXCheesePosted 12/9/2012 12:20:44 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
Solshot2k posted...
sockesocke posted...
other, region lock.

---
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#67JumpluffPosted 12/9/2012 1:36:41 AM
Solshot2k posted...
sockesocke posted...
other, region lock.

This, exactly.
---
3DS FC: 2191-7845-2935
#6890sRetroGamingPosted 12/9/2012 3:28:59 AM
Other = Still no unified user account system to make the customer feel safe and secure about all their purchases.

Followed by:

Pricing ($40 MSRP for 3DS games??? really??? lol)

VC (sucks in comparison to NOJ)

eShop (see above)
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#69BenzychenzPosted 12/9/2012 3:30:10 AM
First party games.
DELAY EVERYTHING
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#70LightHawKnightPosted 12/9/2012 3:33:20 AM
If I had to choose, it would be first party games. Especially with what they did with PM.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."