What has Nintendo handled the worst in regards to the 3DS?

#71n00bsaib0tPosted 12/9/2012 3:46:50 AM
Other- Repairs >_>
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#72GreatHammurabiPosted 12/9/2012 8:19:58 AM
other=nothing if your so upset about region locking go buy a JP 3DS and only buy games from there seeing as you sooooooo can read Japanese >>

This makes you sound like someone who ridicules anyone who chooses and decision other than the one you see as 'right'.

Region locking is just unnecessary in general, not even just on the 3DS. There's no real reason for it. And there are plenty of games where you don't necessarily need to be able to read Japanese to enjoy the game. Also, there are a decent amount of games that never get localized in NA so people are required to import if they want to play the game.

I'm not saying these gamers 'have to' have these games but it's just a low blow to have to import an entirely new console in addition to importing a game that isn't being localized.
---
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/GreatHammurabi/MySig.jpg
#73n00bsaib0tPosted 12/9/2012 8:26:55 AM
other=nothing if your so upset about region locking go buy a JP 3DS and only buy games from there seeing as you sooooooo can read Japanese >>

This makes you sound like someone who ridicules anyone who chooses and decision other than the one you see as 'right'.

Region locking is just unnecessary in general, not even just on the 3DS. There's no real reason for it. And there are plenty of games where you don't necessarily need to be able to read Japanese to enjoy the game. Also, there are a decent amount of games that never get localized in NA so people are required to import if they want to play the game.

I'm not saying these gamers 'have to' have these games but it's just a low blow to have to import an entirely new console in addition to importing a game that isn't being localized.

Not to mention in the past there have been games released in Europe with an English translation that never released in North America as well as the more recent opposite where every gaming company hates Europe and everything about it so they get nothing, they lose, good day sir. Don't have to read Japanese to play those games at all.

As for why, there is reason, I just can't figure out why all companies don't do it on all systems. When a game is made its licensed for use in the country its released in only. This is why region locking became a thing. What I can't figure out is why it isn't a standard. As annoying as region locking is (even mod chips and swap discs can't get you everything, this is why I have two PS2s, one Japanese and one North American) thats the reason and it really should be the standard, especially where music games are concerned. I know Konami has had a handful of issues with DDR machines in America when the music in the game was only licensed for Japan, particularly with DDR Extreme machines.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#74Kaze_MemaryuPosted 12/9/2012 8:29:25 AM
ChocoXCheese posted...
Black_Assassin posted...
Solshot2k posted...
sockesocke posted...
other, region lock.

---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#75Northern_RosePosted 12/9/2012 11:55:18 AM
3rd party games. All I can find in retail stores are Nintendo's games and that's it really, maybe 1 or 2 others at best.

All the other things people mentioned, region locking, no 2nd analog stick, VC etc. etc. I grew up with out all that stuff so its just not important to me. The NES had some great games and the SNES had some of the best games. They had none of the things people here are complaining about. Yet somehow with out all that stuff they still managed to pull off some of the best and top rated games, many of which still hold top ranks against today's games.

It needs a bigger and better selection of games, not more gimmicky crap or over priced VC games.

I find it kind of funny how everyone here says the biggest prob with the 3DS is that is doesn't play NES, SNES, GBA and N64 games.

The biggest problem with a new system is that it doesn't play games that are 10 and 20 years old lol and people always say how good today's games are. Is that why everyone wants to play the old stuff instead.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#76yukitoPosted 12/9/2012 12:01:53 PM
Region locking.
---
Samantha Wright is my waifu.
-Yusketeers
#77GoldenJoe24Posted 12/9/2012 2:54:08 PM
This could count as vc and online, but I put it as eshop. The fact that purchases are tied to hardware, and that we STILL don't have user accounts is completely unacceptable, and I reuse to buy from their shop until they get something in place. No cloud saving (have fun with system transfer), limited transfers, rebuying games you already bough on Wii, and a paltry selection all continue to demonstrate that Nintendo flat-out refuses to get with the times.
#78n00bsaib0tPosted 12/9/2012 2:57:15 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
rebuying games you already bough on Wii

We also have to rebuy games we already bought on NES, GB, GBC, and GG if we want to play them on our 3DS. What kind of crap is that?

>_>
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#79iliveforlifePosted 12/9/2012 3:18:54 PM
abbyhitter posted...
1st party games

Lack of original Zelda, Pokémon main series, Kirby, and Metroid games is disturbing.

You do realize all these are coming lol. We already have a ton of great first party games can you give them a little more than 2 years to release all this stuff.
#80TheGreatUnownPosted 12/9/2012 4:07:08 PM
I'd have to say VC. Where are the GBA games?
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579