Kid Icarus Uprising or Kindom Hearts 3D?

#1shinysphealPosted 12/8/2012 8:10:11 PM
I'm looking for a game with good gameplay, I was thinking of getting KI:U but after seeing the reviews, I'm kinda unsure, are the controls that bad?. I really want this game because I've never played a KI game.

I've only played KH:356/2days and I loved it, but I felt it was a bit too short, also the controls were a little tricky to get used to.
---
3DS FC 0387-8833-8633 Pokemon W FC:0820-1521-1746
AcCf 3566-5321-0871.
#2Phantom_NookPosted 12/8/2012 8:17:56 PM(edited)
Uprising is, in my humble opinion, the best 3DS game out right now. It's very replayable and both the story and online modes are fun. The controls get flak but I've never had a problem. But if they are a problem then you may be holding the 3DS wrong.

Kingdom Hearts is fun as well, but if you can only get one right now then I'd recommend getting Uprising first.

Oh and if Endgame shows up then disregard everything he says.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#3_Izanagi_Posted 12/8/2012 8:18:55 PM
Kingdom Hearts is, for me, the best game on the 3DS. The controls and combat is 100x better than Days. However, if Days is the only one you've played, I can't recommend Kingdom Hearts 3D since the story is a main focus and by playing Days you won't be able to understand a lot.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#4MarioLinkGenofaPosted 12/8/2012 8:56:05 PM
KIU is amazing, get it.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#5strongo9Posted 12/8/2012 8:59:48 PM
Kid Icarus definitely.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#6AlbinoGerbilPosted 12/8/2012 9:08:27 PM
KI:U was amazing but I would pick KH:3D because I liked the story and the characters much better.

YMMV
---
Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
3DS FC: 3781-0310-6225
#7Plasma EXEPosted 12/8/2012 9:09:10 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising. Kingdom Hearts is nice too, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to, mainly because of the story being a continuation of the series that has had a lot of games on different systems that I haven't played.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#8gransPosted 12/8/2012 9:11:03 PM
I own both games and love them both, it's hard for me to say which one I enjoy more. Perhaps due to the nostalgia and Disney, KH3D (though the gameplay is great too). But I will say that I had no problems with Kid Icarus' controls. I was very worried about it and held off on purchasing it for some time. Recently found it on sale for $15 and dove on in. I was expecting the worst but I found no problems with the controls at all. It's quite a fantastic game.

If you've played 358/2 Days, know that KH3D has very different gameplay as well as being much more fun IMHO. Days was a side game with a mission based structure. KH3D is more of a direct sequel to the main series and has more of a level-based progression (visit one world and clear it, move onto the next, you only revisit one of the worlds once as opposed to revisiting a ton in Days for different missions). I wouldn't say it's very long though. In fact if you count all the content and missions in Days it's probably shorter. It's just much funner in my opinion. Controls a lot better too, actions are smooth and you have a lot of freedom in movement (levels are far bigger and you're allowed a great deal of acrobatic freedom to travel around them).

I can't really give you an either or pick. I'd say Kingdom Hearts is more my type of game, but both are fantastic and you might prefer Kid Icarus depending on your tastes. You should do your best to own both.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#9MetalLokiPosted 12/8/2012 9:13:49 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
Kingdom Hearts is, for me, the best game on the 3DS. The controls and combat is 100x better than Days. However, if Days is the only one you've played, I can't recommend Kingdom Hearts 3D since the story is a main focus and by playing Days you won't be able to understand a lot.

Days was the only game I play but I still enjoyed DDD so tc may as well.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#10Lost_Seraph09Posted 12/8/2012 9:16:43 PM
Try the KH3D demo they have on the eshop. If you like it then get it, if not go with KI:U. Both are very good games.