Anyone else gonna be pissing if SE doesn't bring DQVII and Bravely to the US?

#21LightHawKnightPosted 12/9/2012 2:00:51 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
DQVII is pretty much a given, since they already brought over the other 3 remakes (4, 5 and 6). Don't care for Bravely though.

But SE didn't, Nintendo had to step in.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#22shampoowarriorPosted 12/9/2012 2:02:17 AM
I almost have faith that Nintendo will bring over Dragon Quest VII regardless, but Nintendo has been doing a lot recently to lose faith.

If it doesn't come, I will be pissed. And I'll buy Bravely Default if it does come, but won't care too much if it doesn't.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#23LightHawKnightPosted 12/9/2012 2:33:17 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
I almost have faith that Nintendo will bring over Dragon Quest VII regardless, but Nintendo has been doing a lot recently to lose faith.

If it doesn't come, I will be pissed. And I'll buy Bravely Default if it does come, but won't care too much if it doesn't.

The only thing I see so far that makes me lose faith in them is what they did with PM... Otherwise, they seem fine to me, kinda.
---
#24shampoowarriorPosted 12/9/2012 2:42:15 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
shampoowarrior posted...

The only thing I see so far that makes me lose faith in them is what they did with PM... Otherwise, they seem fine to me, kinda.

My Wii U purchase has been a pretty disappointing experience for me, personally. Wouldn't say I ever had "faith" in Nintendo per se, but it certainly shattered any confidence I had in them to be a serious player in the next gen, for a variety of reasons.

Never had much confidence in NoA particularly, but Rainfall certainly didn't help that any either.
---
#25LightHawKnightPosted 12/9/2012 2:45:00 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
shampoowarrior posted...

My Wii U purchase has been a pretty disappointing experience for me, personally. Wouldn't say I ever had "faith" in Nintendo per se, but it certainly shattered any confidence I had in them to be a serious player in the next gen, for a variety of reasons.

Never had much confidence in NoA particularly, but Rainfall certainly didn't help that any either.

Meh, I don't see anything wrong with the Wii U. Though I don't have one yet, as I don't see any games that I want out for it yet or the near future. Just like how every launch goes. Games suck early on, well not so much for the 3DS, at least to me. I wanted SMT:DSO so damn badly. If Atlus was making something for the Wii U and would release soon, damn I would have gotten my hands on a Wii U no matter what the cost.
---
#26shampoowarriorPosted 12/9/2012 3:04:40 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
Meh, I don't see anything wrong with the Wii U. Though I don't have one yet, as I don't see any games that I want out for it yet or the near future. Just like how every launch goes. Games suck early on, well not so much for the 3DS, at least to me. I wanted SMT:DSO so damn badly. If Atlus was making something for the Wii U and would release soon, damn I would have gotten my hands on a Wii U no matter what the cost.

Don't actually have much issues with the games. Not my first launch. I realize also that everyone obviously won't share the same feelings as me, but what has destroyed my confidence in their competency is

1) no real account system still.
Nintendo Network IDs are locked to one console. The difference between downloading games on the Wii U and downloading games on the 3DS is... you can transfer your 3DS games to another 3DS using system transfer! Wii U games and IDs are locked to one console.

2) pointless user system.
You can create 12 "users" on the system, much like profiles on the PS3. Except, on the PS3, every profile gets its own save data. On the Wii U, games such as NSMBU and Little Inferno share 3 save slots across all twelve users. Doesn't affect me personally, as for the most part I'm the only person in my house who will use the console, but the fact that something so simple can be handled so terribly is almost mindboggling to me.

3) Registering a friend outside of the Miiverse still requires both parties to register each other.
No friend requests. You both just need to register NNIDs now instead of friend codes. Real step up. To be fair, you can make friend requests through the Miiverse, but the Miiverse in general is a disorganized mess with no search function so good finding anybody on there on purpose.

4) Accomplishments are a lie.
They are just in-game achievements like games have had forever. There is no system to track them outside of the games. So if you recommended a game to a friend and you want to see how they're progressing, you have to swap discs to view the Accomplishments in-game. Live, PSN, Steam, and even iOS all have achievement systems that can be viewed outside of games, leaving Nintendo and the first console of the 8th gen as the only relevant party without a system-level tracker.
And no, the Miiverse doesn't count. It has no search function so your Miiverse experience is based entirely on what has been posted to the Miiverse most recently. Want to see what one of your friends has "accomplished" on a game? Have fun scrolling through their Miiverse feed until you find whatever they happened to post.

Those are my main concerns. Games are the same as ever. The gimmick is cool, the Miiverse is actually pretty cool as well, but Nintendo is still adamantly carving their own path and ignoring features that I personally would really love to have on my Nintendo consoles and, most importantly, can get from the competition.
---