I got my BF a used 3DS for $75 off a friend. How should I mess w/ my bf?

#1AAngelEyesPosted 12/8/2012 11:54:26 PM
He actually got me an XL with Zelda two months ago and I really wanted someone to play w/ me. And I found out a friend had a 3ds he never uses so he sold it to me. Only scratches on the outside :D Has screen protector, etc.

I'm worried though since he hasn't used it in years would the batteries be really bad.
Also how should I mess with my boyfriend? I want to mess w/ him with the present like trick him into thinking its something else. Totally suprise him. xD.
#2nonexistingheroPosted 12/8/2012 11:59:31 PM(edited)
3DS only 1.5 years. Anyhow, the battery shouldn't be bad. Just charge it for a while and keep it on till the light is red. Then do the same 2 or 3 times and it should be fine.

Anyhow, fun way to mess with him:

- Big cardboard NES
- Inside a big cardboard SNES
- Inside that a big cardboard N64
- Inside that one a cardboard Gamecube
- Then inside it a cardboard Wii
- Inside the cardboard Wii the 3DS

Build-up for Wii U, instead he gets a 3DS. That should be good for a laugh :P
On the other hand, might lead to a lot of disappointment as well (since he expected a Wii U).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3OUTLAW2009Posted 12/8/2012 11:59:58 PM
Put it in a BIG box then keep putting them in another box until the boxes start getting really small lol idk just throwing out ideas
---
3DS FC 0774-42492697: When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12
#4OUTLAW2009Posted 12/9/2012 12:00:39 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
3DS only 1.5 years. Anyhow, the battery shouldn't be bad. Just charge it for a while and keep it on till the light is red. Then do the same 2 or 3 times and it should be fine.

- Big cardboard NES

On the other hand, might lead to a lot of disappointment as well (since he expected a Wii U).

lol this guy beat me to it
---
3DS FC 0774-42492697: When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12
#5AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:00:40 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

- Big cardboard NES

LOL. Where do I get those cardboard things?
Hm, I'm not sure if it would be nintnedo themed though. I'm scared he would guess what it is before he opens it. LOL
#6nonexistingheroPosted 12/9/2012 12:08:06 AM
I dunno where to get those cardboard things, actually. You can probably ask around a few shops or look on the internet to get boxes with the right shape. Or in fact, you could also work with a scissor and tape to make them the right shape.

Gamecube is a bit off an odd fit though (N64 > Gamecube > Wii). So you could start off with the Gamecube (and then NES > SNES > etc). You 'could' paint them if you want, but you could also draw some stuff on it that makes it look like the proper Nintendo console.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7Lord_FroodPosted 12/9/2012 12:10:23 AM
>note for treasure hunt
>has to go around house
>ends up in bedroom
>be scantily clad
>have 3DS out on bed
>"You can only have one"
---
You only need to know two things to understand KH: Everyone is Sora, Everything is Xehanort's fault.
http://backloggery.com/Lord_Frood
#8AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:12:15 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
>note for treasure hunt
>has to go around house
>ends up in bedroom
>be scantily clad
>have 3DS out on bed
>"You can only have one"

That gave me an awesome idea too!

Since the guy gave me a small case with it, I cna't fit the actual 3DS w/ the carrying case in the actualy box. I can wrap two things and have box in a box in a box in a box. And say you can only choose one.
LOl
#9jose_ole1Posted 12/9/2012 12:19:08 AM
AAngelEyes posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
>note for treasure hunt
>has to go around house
>ends up in bedroom
>be scantily clad
>have 3DS out on bed
>"You can only have one"

That gave me an awesome idea too!

Since the guy gave me a small case with it, I cna't fit the actual 3DS w/ the carrying case in the actualy box. I can wrap two things and have box in a box in a box in a box. And say you can only choose one.
LOl

This
---
3ds FC 4253 3721 5818
Less QQ More pew pew
#10GoldenSun3DSPosted 12/9/2012 12:23:01 AM
Go buy the box for something super expensive off ebay. Put the wrapped 3DS in there without wrapping the box.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291