How could you play on anything other than an XL?

#11CypherixPosted 12/9/2012 3:24:10 AM
I have both and after playing my 3DS a few days after owning an XL I think I like the vanilla better :S
#12CrimsonRoyalPosted 12/9/2012 3:28:28 AM
I'm quite content with my regular 3ds. Slightly better battery life and a bigger screen doesn't warrant a next purchase imo.
---
3ds fc- 5241-2042-9073
#13mattatvgalPosted 12/9/2012 5:12:11 AM
A thing called pixel density. The image on regular 3ds is sharper, end o story. Also, being cheaper and lighter doesn't hurt. I just don't like the 3ds build quality. Loose hinges and cracked buttons are what hurts the original imo. Also it's uncomfortably boxy...
#14SpecimenXsr388Posted 12/9/2012 5:19:11 AM
I've been toying around with the idea of getting myself a 3DS for Christmas, but can't decide between the two. On one hand, the original comes in purple. On the other, HUGE screen on the new ones.

I'd love to be able to get my hands on one of each and the same game, see how much difference the screen size actually makes. Mayhap I will give my local Gamestop an ultimatum and see if they actually let me do so if I promise to walk out with one or the other.
#15Anon_Gamer342Posted 12/9/2012 5:34:12 AM
Because the PS3 has a lot of great games too.
#16BrianCraigSmithPosted 12/9/2012 8:04:18 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Well it should have been. trust me, if it was i would've never.. ever wasted my money on the crappy regular one. at least i got 20 Ambassador games out of it and will now be able to enjoy them on those 90% larger screens soon :). just waiting for my 3DS XL screen protectors to arrive :D.

I agree that if it was the normal size at launch I would've bought it as well seeing as how I loved my DSi XL. And you can transfer your Ambassador games to the XL; I'm not an Ambassador so I can't tell you from experience.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#17GLDanzegoPosted 12/9/2012 8:56:43 AM
sesshomaru_55 posted...
It's just so big and wonderful....

inb4 "I HAVE SPECIAL EYES AND CAN SEE ALL THE EXTRA PIXELS THAT MAKES IT HORRIBLE"

Quit trying to justify the fact that you're too stingy to buy another 3DS. =3

I have both and I currently prefer the original 3DS. I like the feel of the system and the circle pad better, the speakers have better range, and the screen has much better clarity (you don't need bionic eyes or anything to notice this, so save the hyperbole). Also, in my and many other people's case, the original doesn't have that annoying creakiness to it. That drives me up a wall.

On the other hand, I do like the XL better in terms if glare reduction (if Nintendo added that to the original, I would so buy another one) and I prefer playing NSMB2 on it, since it feels better using the DPad on the XL.

Point is, it's not necessarily people just being "stingy". Different people feel different ways about different things. It's how the world works. Get used to it. :)
#1890sRetroGamingPosted 12/9/2012 9:07:12 AM
BrianCraigSmith posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Well it should have been. trust me, if it was i would've never.. ever wasted my money on the crappy regular one. at least i got 20 Ambassador games out of it and will now be able to enjoy them on those 90% larger screens soon :). just waiting for my 3DS XL screen protectors to arrive :D.

I agree that if it was the normal size at launch I would've bought it as well seeing as how I loved my DSi XL. And you can transfer your Ambassador games to the XL; I'm not an Ambassador so I can't tell you from experience.

Yup, you can, which is exactly what i will be doing soon. it will be great! lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#1990sRetroGamingPosted 12/9/2012 9:09:34 AM
Curryfiend posted...
I can't see how anyone plays on an XL, it's too big and heavy to be playable. It must be impossible to play Kid Icarus Uprising on that thing

Nope.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#20RyuVegasPosted 12/9/2012 10:05:43 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Curryfiend posted...
I can't see how anyone plays on an XL, it's too big and heavy to be playable. It must be impossible to play Kid Icarus Uprising on that thing

Nope.

Ditto. *goes back to playing KI:U on his XL now*
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega LP: Kid Icarus: Uprising
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon