Why am I not allowed to like and own only the regular 3DS?

#11MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:33:33 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I'm trying to decide between the two right now. All the reviews I read say the XL better in some ways, worse in others. But the impressions I get from here is that the original 3DS is baby vomit that only idiots would play and the XL is the best thing ever. It's odd.

My impression is that they're both good but you should try them both out(demo unit) before you buy one.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#12Darklit_RequiemPosted 12/9/2012 10:34:45 AM
Yeah - the main issue is that it's really hard to go back to the 3DS after playing the XL, because the screens just look so tiny and the lower battery life and being a fingerprint magnet don't help out much. Thus, for those who do have it, playing the original is pretty bad. For those that don't, ignorance is bliss - just try to avoid playing an XL if you do go for the original 3DS
---
Currently Playing - Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
#13McMarblesPosted 12/9/2012 10:35:24 AM
MetalLoki posted...
So many people here are basically insulting others for not owning something they don't want, why? Am I not allowed to have a preference?

Because GameFAQs is inferred with human garbage.
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#14MangaWarriorPosted 12/9/2012 10:40:52 AM
MetalLoki posted...
Darklit_Requiem posted...
D: stop questioning me, insulting people is fun

I'm taking this as a admittances to there no real reason to not have a regular 3DS besides preference.

It's true just like what you like End Of Story.

People need to stop complaining about the (apple of the orange) so to speak.
---
"Nothing is as strong as we say it to be"
FC: 3265-5067-7221 my name is "Divine"
#15MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:41:45 AM
Yeah - the main issue is that it's really hard to go back to the 3DS after playing the XL, because the screens just look so tiny and the lower battery life and being a fingerprint magnet don't help out much. Thus, for those who do have it, playing the original is pretty bad. For those that don't, ignorance is bliss - just try to avoid playing an XL if you do go for the original 3DS

I have played it, I've played it before most because Nintendo World had the units up for like 2 weeks before it came out and I didn't like the feel of it. It's not sheer ignorance.
---
#16MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:43:36 AM
MangaWarrior posted...
MetalLoki posted...
D: stop questioning me, insulting people is fun

I'm taking this as a admittances to there no real reason to not have a regular 3DS besides preference.

It's true just like what you like End Of Story.

People need to stop complaining about the (apple of the orange) so to speak.

I'm asking why people are insulting others and haven't been given a reason beside "all people are jerks".It's fine if people like the XL but I don't see why it's a crime to like the plain 3DS.
---
#17lkhlkhPosted 12/9/2012 10:50:36 AM
i just had 3ds after XL release and i was LOL
#18WiiFan77Posted 12/9/2012 10:52:36 AM
I agree with TC here. Nothing against the XL, but I'm happy with my vanilla 3DS.
---
???
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 12/9/2012 10:57:44 AM
I'm perfectly happy with my 3DS having tried out the XL... or at least I would be if Nintendo would give the damn thing back to me.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#20strongo9Posted 12/9/2012 10:58:03 AM
I'm not being insulting, just speaking truths. You come off as one of those people who refuse to get a DVD player and still try to find VCR tapes of all the new movies. It might make sense to you, but to the rest of us it just looks weird

3DS vs 3DS XL being compared to VCR vs DVD is a horrible analogy. Stop trolling the guy.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m