Why am I not allowed to like and own only the regular 3DS?

#21drafterowarPosted 12/9/2012 10:00:00 AM
TC you have to realize that half the people on this board aren't even old enough to buy alcohol. What do you expect?
---
"Are you AC or.....DC?"
#22SakurafanboyPosted 12/9/2012 10:00:37 AM
You're on a Nintendo board on GameFAQs. Its of course going to be filled with blind Nintendrones.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#23Argh4430Posted 12/9/2012 10:09:34 AM
I tried the XL at a store, and it didn't impress me enough to "upgrade." I can see my relatives who are interested in getting a 3DS, getting the XL model.
#2421_21Posted 12/9/2012 10:11:31 AM
Darklit_Requiem posted...
I'm not being insulting, just speaking truths. You come off as one of those people who refuse to get a DVD player and still try to find VCR tapes of all the new movies. It might make sense to you, but to the rest of us it just looks weird

Except going from a 3DS to XL isn't quite as big of a leap as VCR to DVD. Therefore this analogy is terribly flawed.
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#25MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:17:04 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
You're on a Nintendo board on GameFAQs. Its of course going to be filled with blind Nintendrones.

Wait which ones? The people staying with the plain 3DS or the ones with the XL who are insulting people?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#26CompassPosted 12/9/2012 10:17:43 AM
Yeah - the main issue is that it's really hard to go back to the 3DS after playing the XL, because the screens just look so tiny and the lower battery life and being a fingerprint magnet don't help out much. Thus, for those who do have it, playing the original is pretty bad. For those that don't, ignorance is bliss - just try to avoid playing an XL if you do go for the original 3DS

lol, no.

I own an XL and haven't touched it since the first few days. I like my original 3DS MUCH better. It basically is objectively better with only a few exceptions. Deal with it.
#27nonexistingheroPosted 12/9/2012 10:20:44 AM
I'm not being insulting, just speaking truths. You come off as one of those people who refuse to get a DVD player and still try to find VCR tapes of all the new movies. It might make sense to you, but to the rest of us it just looks weird

Except that isn't a truth. He would need to spend quite a bit of money to upgrade to an XL. Same for me. I'd like an XL, but I'm happy with my current launch 3DS.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#28toma13Posted 12/9/2012 10:50:52 AM
strongo9 posted...

3DS vs 3DS XL being compared to VCR vs DVD is a horrible analogy. Stop trolling the guy.

It's more like I'm still happy with my 32 inch LCD even though my friend has a 43 inch plasma.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#29RAPTall1Posted 12/9/2012 11:16:16 AM
I have a regular 3DS which I got after the price drop. I'm fine with it, and have no reason to upgrade to an XL. Same thing with the DS, there was never any reason to upgrade, and I still use it all the time.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#30sortajanPosted 12/9/2012 11:16:37 AM
this topic doesn't add up. it's like you're asking permission to enjoy a 3ds. why do you care so much about the approval of people who, mostly out of spite, will never give you approval?

just enjoy your 3ds, and even if 99.99% of the internet laughs at you (not saying they do), what does it matter? you're enjoying your 3ds.

quit seeking approval