Why am I not allowed to like and own only the regular 3DS?

#41Garr-Posted 12/9/2012 1:43:16 PM
Why do you let it get to you? Just laugh it off and stick to your regular 3DS. I still don't have an XL and won't get one until this one breaks somehow (if it does, that is). I couldn't care less about people's "insults".
#42CyhortI82Posted 12/9/2012 1:44:37 PM
People are like that online. Try not to let it bother you and just mark them for trolling or flaming and move on.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the original. And I've played the XL. Small screens don't bother me and other than that there's nothing better about the XL IMO.

What I have a problem with is Nintendo knowing that people prefer bigger screens and they still release a handheld with a smaller screen, then release a new version less than a year later with a bigger screen. Not to mention the whole second thumbstick thing. It just seems like a scam. One that doesn't get nearly as much righteous rage as the relatively minor "offense" of on disc DLC or the completely rational and justified online pass.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#43so64Posted 12/9/2012 1:46:05 PM
Garr- posted...
Why do you let it get to you? Just laugh it off and stick to your regular 3DS. I still don't have an XL and won't get one until this one breaks somehow (if it does, that is). I couldn't care less about people's "insults".

Because this is a message board that is supposed to be for honorable discourse about ideas and opinions on the 3DS and its future. If the people of the board cannot talk to one another without reverting to cruel vulgarities and vitriol, then there is no reason for this board to exist.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#44MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:46:58 PM
Garr- posted...

I did ignore it but after months I guess I kind of exploded. Yes I'm acting like a baby but I still wanted to know why it was happening.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#45bskiffingtonPosted 12/9/2012 2:05:05 PM
I don't care for the XL either.

-My original 3DS has all of the same functions and plays the same games as the XL, so I'm not missing out on anything other than bigger screens.

-Bigger screens seem to make some games look pretty bad, not a fan.

-Battery life is fine for me as I rarely play enough to deplete a full charge in one session anyways.

-Not a fan of the colors for the XL either, but that's so small of an issue that I was debating whether to even list it.

But I mean, this is just my opinion, and I'd buy a 3DS without the 3D because I never use it if I could, sometimes more/bigger isn't always better.
#46zomborrrPosted 12/9/2012 2:24:19 PM
Just buy whichever model you want. I went ahead and initially went for the Super Mario 3D Land bundle at Best Buy for $129. I then realized it was just the original model, and saw that the blue XL model with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed was at $159. I'm seeing the same image anyways, but bigger on the XL, so I really didn't think a bigger screen would justify the price as long as I can understand what's going on, which I went ahead and bought the $129 bundle. I would be quick about it though, since this is a really good sale. And by Wednesday, that bundle may be gone. Get it now or tomorrow.
#47WrestlinFanPosted 12/9/2012 2:32:20 PM
*Caution: typical Internet drama bull**** ahead*
---
but what do I know. PowerFAQs 1.9
#48Semi45aPosted 12/9/2012 2:34:18 PM
Why are you so butthurt?
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#49LightHawKnightPosted 12/9/2012 2:38:50 PM
JorgenBlorgen posted...
That's odd. I always see the OPPOSITE behavior here, with original 3DS owners taking every chance they get to tell people curious about the XL how bad it is.

Where?!?!?!?! HOW?! All I see are people trashing the original 3DS and saying how "superior" the XL is.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#50parKb5Posted 12/9/2012 2:39:54 PM
CyhortI82 posted...
People are like that online. Try not to let it bother you and just mark them for trolling or flaming and move on.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the original. And I've played the XL. Small screens don't bother me and other than that there's nothing better about the XL IMO.

What I have a problem with is Nintendo knowing that people prefer bigger screens and they still release a handheld with a smaller screen, then release a new version less than a year later with a bigger screen. Not to mention the whole second thumbstick thing. It just seems like a scam. One that doesn't get nearly as much righteous rage as the relatively minor "offense" of on disc DLC or the completely rational and justified online pass.

There you go.

Nintendo released the regular 3DS KNOWING that they would be releasing an XL in the near future. People on this board were predicting it! And Nintendo also knows that the fans will pay AGAIN for the same system only bigger.

It is just as bad as Apple coming out with a new iPhone every year and the same people buying it again and again and laughing at all the cavemen still using their iPhone 3's.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg