Board opinions: How is Sticker Star?

#1nintendoggerPosted 12/9/2012 9:52:14 PM
I'm asking for it for XMas, I've got more than a month off from school... won't have a job (worked at a park, those close over winter) so I plan to be playing some games. I'm looking for some that will last me.

Just wondering how it is. I'm also asking for Layton which will last me 15 hours... so two days (assuming I get addicted enough) tops.

Any suggestions for other games?
---
At some point someone probably told you I'm a troll.
#2Tempest717Posted 12/9/2012 9:59:43 PM
Adventure Time!
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#3nintendogger(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:01:47 PM
You already told me that game is super short!
---
#4Starwars4JPosted 12/9/2012 10:02:05 PM
Pretty great. While people bash it for being different, I found the combat fun and refreshing. Made you think a little more but not to the point that it detracted from anything. The 3D is wonderful in this game, the story and characters are charming, the music is fun too.

Have you played any Paper Mario games before?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5LinkMaster2703Posted 12/9/2012 10:02:54 PM
I really liked it, thought it was great.
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III (PS3)
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#6Tempest717Posted 12/9/2012 10:05:32 PM
nintendogger posted...
You already told me that game is super short!

And super fun! Totally worth it, specially if it's going to be a gift.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#7nintendogger(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:05:45 PM
I've played nearly all of them to close to the end. (Save file issues EVERY time). I played The 64 one till the train station part (fav PM game). I played TTYD possibly to the end? And I played SPM up until Luigi battles you.
---
#8forest_wandererPosted 12/9/2012 10:09:11 PM(edited)
Don't get Sticker Star unless you've never played a Paper Mario game before. EDIT: You've played them? Don't get it.

Starwars4j, people don't hate it because it's different. They hate it because it's objectively bad. It's not the fact it's change, it's that it's bad change. Everything that made Paper Mario charming prior to this, they took and simplified/removed to the point it's not enjoyable.

---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#9freezemanPosted 12/9/2012 10:13:05 PM
Things that you don't like doesn't make something "objectively" bad. Others have the capacity to enjoy such things you don't like and enjoy the game itself.
---
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259
#10Starwars4JPosted 12/9/2012 10:14:21 PM
forest_wanderer posted...
Don't get Sticker Star unless you've never played a Paper Mario game before. EDIT: You've played them? Don't get it.

Starwars4j, people don't hate it because it's different. They hate it because it's objectively bad. It's not the fact it's change, it's that it's bad change. Everything that made Paper Mario charming prior to this, they took and simplified/removed to the point it's not enjoyable.

You seem to be very angry about it. The point is that it isn't objectively bad, you subjectively dislike it. Please learn the difference between the two.

Sonic 2006? Objectively bad.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star? A game that a lot of people like, but a vocal few dislike because it is different.

It's like Endgame hating on Black/White, you just can't take it seriously.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade