KI:U and RE:Re sales

#1mattfrankPosted 12/10/2012 5:16:21 AM
Out of curiosity,how much did they sell??I remember it wasnt as well-received in Japan with those senor-goon bunch calling them flops.

What are the best selling 3rd party title for the 3DS.
#2brStalkerPosted 12/10/2012 5:26:10 AM
mattfrank posted...
"I remember it wasnt as well-received in Japan with those senor-goon bunch calling them flops."

lolwut? Uprising spent some good 3 months or so on Media Create's top 20. RE has the shooter fanbase to blame, IMO.

And the highest selling 3DS games in Japan so far are Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Animal Crossing New Leaf. Have no clue what to say about the western market since the numbers are given in cryptic statements (i.e., we have to do the math, which is annoying)
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#3SkittyOnWailordPosted 12/10/2012 5:27:42 AM
According to VGChartz it sold 0.32m in Japan, 0.33m in NA and 0.22 in EU.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#4masa8munePosted 12/10/2012 5:29:15 AM
brStalker posted...
mattfrank posted...
"I remember it wasnt as well-received in Japan with those senor-goon bunch calling them flops."

lolwut? Uprising spent some good 3 months or so on Media Create's top 20. RE has the shooter fanbase to blame, IMO.

And the highest selling 3DS games in Japan so far are Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Animal Crossing New Leaf. Have no clue what to say about the western market since the numbers are given in cryptic statements (i.e., we have to do the math, which is annoying)

i heard that kid icarus sold pretty poorly.
also the reason why iwata(i think it was him) said there will be no sequel.
quess brawl failed to hype him enough for the larger audience
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#5mattfrank(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 5:46:57 AM
Another question regarding the game sales.How did my second favourite 3DS game Fire Emblem fair??I remember it barely reach 300k in Japan.Is it considered a cliche game that only targets a specific narrow range of audience??Or was that Entrian Odyssey IV.
#6nonexistingheroPosted 12/10/2012 5:51:41 AM
Sakurai didn't want to make a sequel, he considers it complete enouh. As for RE Rev... I think it broke a million, but not sure.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7stargazer64Posted 12/10/2012 5:56:45 AM
mattfrank posted...
Another question regarding the game sales.How did my second favourite 3DS game Fire Emblem fair??I remember it barely reach 300k in Japan.Is it considered a cliche game that only targets a specific narrow range of audience??Or was that Entrian Odyssey IV.

Fire Emblem has only been released in Japan. It sold a little less than 500,000 iir
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#8brStalkerPosted 12/10/2012 6:07:00 AM
mattfrank posted...

The term you're looking for is 'niche'. And Fire Emblem Awakening did 300k on its launch week alone.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#9Zero97Posted 12/10/2012 6:17:56 AM
Fire emblem was remarkable, KI is near 1 million worldwide, RE Half that?
---
3DS: FIXalaS: 0173-1416-4513
Twitter: @FiXalaS
#10Catcher_FreemanPosted 12/10/2012 6:46:21 AM(edited)
i heard that kid icarus sold pretty poorly.
also the reason why iwata(i think it was him) said there will be no sequel.

No, Uprising has nearly sold a million copies worldwide. Sakurai's busy with SSB Wii U/3DS now, and he doesn't want to make a sequel, because Uprising was meant to be a short, yet deep experience, and the novelty would wear thin in the next game. Sakurai doesn't like to make sequels unless he can find a way to make them different from the previous game. And he said that someone else might make a sequel.