KI:U and RE:Re sales

#11nonexistingheroPosted 12/10/2012 6:53:32 AM
brStalker posted...
mattfrank posted...
Another question regarding the game sales.How did my second favourite 3DS game Fire Emblem fair??I remember it barely reach 300k in Japan.Is it considered a cliche game that only targets a specific narrow range of audience??Or was that Entrian Odyssey IV.

The term you're looking for is 'niche'. And Fire Emblem Awakening did 300k on its launch week alone.

That much is hardly 'niche' though. And as far as turn-based strategy (RPG) games Japan go, it's one of the most famous franchises. I can only think of Fire Emblem, Advance Wars and Disgaea being a bit more well-known. Yeah, I know there's more, even from Nippon Icchi, but they're all pretty niche.

I'd say niche games rarely break 100k worldwide. Certain games are only niche for certain areas though... I'm certain the Phoenix Wright games would sell a decent amount in Japan, but I doubt they'll sell very well in the west.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#12lambchipsPosted 12/10/2012 7:04:45 AM
kid icarus sold very well iirc (it was on the media sales for a few months, i think it debuted around 10 or so in the EU charts?)

sakurai said he wouldnt do anymore was because...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/05/sakurai_wont_make_a_kid_icarus_uprising_sequel

i agree with what he says... if they kept making more the novelty will wear off (im guess they dont make more than 1 smash bros game every gen because of the same reason... im very glad too because if you put out too much of a good thing it will get more and more bland the more you play)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#13chestershadowPosted 12/10/2012 12:56:46 PM
lambchips posted...
kid icarus sold very well iirc (it was on the media sales for a few months, i think it debuted around 10 or so in the EU charts?)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/05/sakurai_wont_make_a_kid_icarus_uprising_sequel

i agree with what he says... if they kept making more the novelty will wear off (im guess they dont make more than 1 smash bros game every gen because of the same reason... im very glad too because if you put out too much of a good thing it will get more and more bland the more you play)

I like to call it CoD-syndrome.
#14OtherSuperPhilPosted 12/10/2012 1:05:24 PM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
According to VGChartz it sold 0.32m in Japan, 0.33m in NA and 0.22 in EU.

Protip: The owner of VGChartz pulls numbers from his ass and then stealthily corrects them when the real numbers come out. People who use VGChartz as a source don't make themselves look smart.
---
If you need to see everything wrong with gamers and their (lack of) maturity, come visit a gaming message board.
#15Kaze_MemaryuPosted 12/10/2012 1:11:53 PM
chestershadow posted...
lambchips posted...

Wouldn't it be more viable as the FF-Syndrome? CoD never had much novelty to wear off in the first place...
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#16SagadegoPosted 12/10/2012 1:13:38 PM
OtherSuperPhil posted...
SkittyOnWailord posted...
According to VGChartz it sold 0.32m in Japan, 0.33m in NA and 0.22 in EU.

Protip: The owner of VGChartz pulls numbers from his ass and then stealthily corrects them when the real numbers come out. People who use VGChartz as a source don't make themselves look smart.

this is true. i hate when people use that site.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#17emagdnEPosted 12/10/2012 5:19:25 PM
when will you people learn?

Hackurai denying a sequel = sequel confirmed

Wouldn't it be more viable as the FF-Syndrome? CoD never had much novelty to wear off in the first place...

CoD has much more novelty than FF ever did

CoD may be the worst America has to offer, but it is still leaps and bounds above that ****ing horrible interactive movie franchise
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#18SalsaSavantPosted 12/10/2012 5:39:51 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
chestershadow posted...
lambchips posted...

Most recent FF games are pretty different. And they mostly turned out bad, imo.
Even the "classic" FF games tended to mix up the mechanics a bit.
FF is a bad example.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12