What is the latest on Karous 3D?

#1DarkIVloonPosted 12/10/2012 8:02:32 AM
Is this game still being put out for the 3DS? I have it on Dreamcast and Wii already but... ya know, 3D :)
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#2hyper kobun dashPosted 12/10/2012 8:16:49 AM
I've heard nothing.

I doubt they'd release it in the US anyway. :(
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#3DarkIVloon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 9:03:37 AM
totally :(
---
#4CoinshotPosted 12/12/2012 12:14:15 AM
Before I give you the "news," I have to say that Karous is the most misunderstood shooter in history, and I'd be happy prove that statement to anyone.

So naturally, I was excited for the 3DS version, and I've been mining the web for updates on a near weekly basis for two years (!). Hell, that's how I found this thread today.

The trouble is that the developer, Milestone, is so niche that news is hard to find (and so small that a silence this long doesn't say much either). Nevertheless, there has been enough action that we can read between the lines, and I'm afraid the news isn't good.

Kou Hayashi and Daisuke Nagata, (aka "k.h.d.n," Milestone's art and sound team, not to mention key creative force) split up around March of this year in feud so serious, they publicized it (briefly) on the official website. The page is no longer available, but this rough translation is:

k.h.d.n. is going on indefinite hiatus. The group is no longer able to work together because of someone named Roger. Mr. Hayashi dismissed Roger due to his incompatibility with the other members. Mr. Nagata argues that Roger was never a real part of the group and this dismissal shouldn't affect much. k.h.d.n. is taking an indefinite hiatus to rethink their compositions, direction, and what they will be doing in the future. Apologies to the fans, and thanks for your continued support.

The hope was that they'd patch their differences and get Milestone moving again.

The good news came in July that they'd reunited. The bad news came with it—that they'd reunited not at Milestone, but at a mysterious game company called "Klon." Klon celebrated by hosting a live k.h.d.n concert this past summer.

On the other side, Milestone's site has been falling apart for six months, their Twitter has been inactive since the feud was announced, and there's been no news on either of their 3DS titles in almost two years.

Sorry to say it, but they seem to be dead.
#5DarkIVloon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 5:29:13 AM
Thank you very much for the post Coinshot !

hopefully we do get shmups for the 3DS in the future, even if not karous.
---