Just bought a 3DS XL - help me take care of it

#1denpanosekaiPosted 12/10/2012 11:43:48 AM
Got a red 3DS XL and ordered the following from dealextreme:

- GOiGAME screen protector
- plastic handgrip for playing in bed (have one for PSP, love it)
- red carrying case (Hori I think)

I'm waiting for the screen protectors to show up before even cracking the 3DS open.

Now what should I be doing about this screen damage I keep reading about? I am supposed to add rubber pads or felt to prevent the shell from closing completely?

Anything else I should be worried about? I had dead pixels and hinge problems on my first DS lite.
#2DawZefPosted 12/10/2012 11:58:08 AM
I took the rubber bumpers off one of my old keyboards and put it above the top screen. The screens don't come close to touching when I close the 3DS XL and it still does into sleep mode.
#3FishbulbPosted 12/10/2012 12:11:05 PM
Not necessary with the XL.

If you're paranoid about it, just put a small piece of cloth in it when it's closed.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#4EvonfirePosted 12/10/2012 12:39:20 PM
What I do is use Air Duster, you can buy 2 cans at Best Buy for like 10 bucks and that blows all the dust, lint and junk our of the corners of the bottom screen. After the Air Duster I take a microfiber cloth (you can get these at radioshack or most places that sell eelectronics) and put A LITTLE bit of water on it. Then I wipe everything down really well. After that I use the Air Duster again for finishing touches and waaaallaaaa, practically a brand new XL. I do this once, maybe twice a week. I love my red XL and take good care of it.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#5denpanosekai(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 2:46:00 PM
Thanks guys.