Is there alot of continuity in the FE series?

#1trenton97Posted 12/10/2012 4:11:00 PM
As in, do I need to have played the previous entries in the series to understand it? I love Strategy games but I dont want another KH episode. Played all the games to get into DDD, which in hindsight I don't regret, maybe i could just play them all....

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#2MarioLinkGenofaPosted 12/10/2012 4:18:40 PM
No, each game has its own continuity for the most part.
Only exceptions are FE1>FE3 (which contained FE1 anyways so yeah), FE4>FE5, FE9>FE10, but even those try to fill you in as well as possible.

But this game is completely independent, but there is usually some fanservice for so you may enjoy it more if you played previous games, but nothing major is needed.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#3emagdnEPosted 12/10/2012 4:21:27 PM
if you play the pre-2004 Fire Emblems (read: the REAL Fire Emblems) (except Gaiden, just pretend it doesn't exist) , you'll know what quality is

if you know what quality is, you'll know that Awakening is devoid of it

so yeah, if you want to enjoy Awakening, don't do it
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#4iLLsteezePosted 12/10/2012 4:28:02 PM
emagdnE posted...
if you play the pre-2004 Fire Emblems (read: the REAL Fire Emblems) (except Gaiden, just pretend it doesn't exist) , you'll know what quality is

if you know what quality is, you'll know that Awakening is devoid of it

so yeah, if you want to enjoy Awakening, don't do it

always waking up on the wrong side of the bed endgame. also, kid icarus is a great game.
---
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.
#5Lord_FroodPosted 12/10/2012 4:31:43 PM
1-3, 4-5, 6-7, and 9-10 are all their own story lines.

You'd actually want to play 7 before 6 and know that 5 takes place halfway through 4 IIRC.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#6MarioLinkGenofaPosted 12/10/2012 4:42:02 PM
You don't need to play FE7 to enjoy FE6 or vice versa however.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#7necrofear45Posted 12/10/2012 6:24:06 PM
play FE7 (just known ans "Fire Emblem" here in the states)
---
http://a.yfrog.com/img831/3403/bg546dh56.jpg
#8NewbieN00bPosted 12/10/2012 6:28:38 PM
1-5/13 (4/5 are in the distant past of 1/3, The continent that Galle went to make a pact with Lopt was Akanaea, which is where Naga, Salamander, etc. came from to bless the crusaders..) Awakening is in the distant future of FE3 (and its remake)

The other games relations have been explained.
---
Give me all teh FE D':