remove the anime obstruction in our video games!

#101Nickcool1996Posted 12/11/2012 10:18:20 PM
I watched DB, DBZ, and YYH when I was under 10. Loved those shows. Dragon Ball in particular was amazing for me with its opening xD

I remember me not knowing the context of Goku's "Bulma has no balls" scene in a similar fashion of not catching some PPG and Grim Adventures jokes though. I was such an innocent child.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#102Koi_TenchiPosted 12/11/2012 10:20:56 PM
lambchips posted...
wow... tc is a weaboo, couldnt you just use the term "cartoon", everytime someone talks japanese on these boards it forces normal everyday people (like myself) to unnecessarily visit google to get the damn definition

life on gamefaqs would be easier if people like tc stop using japanese words to describe things
god

Anyone else find it incredibly ironic that this user complained about having to google "anime", a term which the average individual knows as most video stores have an anime section, while, in the same post, using the made up term "weeaboo", a term which was made up online and a lot more people will have to google?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#103LyokoNinjaPosted 12/11/2012 11:03:50 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Minatokun13 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
western cartoons:shows like strawberry shortcake and mlp anime:shows like bleach and dbz

how many anime can you think aimed entirely at 6 year olds? there are good cartoons like the simpsons but there few and far between.

and lol at claiming anime is responsible for every cliche'

when these cliche'd existed long before animation in general did.

Hamtaro, Card Captor Sakura, Doraemon, Anpanman, Sailor Moon, all Ghibli movies, Pokemon, Digimon, Soul Eater, Yugioh, Naruto, One Piece, Dragonball, Yu yu hakusho, Angelic Layer, Inuyasha, and the like are all marketed to the under 10 age group in Japan. So in other words...most popular anime is aimed at young kids, just like many cartoons in the west are aimed at young kids! So yeah.

As for good cartoons, I can admit I don't watch many cartoons, Japanese or otherwise anymore. However, there are The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Adventure Time, Jumanji the animated series, Rugrats, Futurama, South Park, most Disney and Pixar movies, etc. that are good.

Heck, with each new season of Adventure Time I wonder how it could be a kids' show.

And even though Adventure

When I have a kid, they're not watching half of those till they're at least 15 and can prove they can be mature about them. Anyone letting 10 and under watch Soul Eater, InuYasha, Yuyu Hakusho, etc. are poor parents.

I just chalk it up to different standard/morals/etc.
---
"I've seen tons of people who love the old Pokemon and burn the new
ones on the stake, but I've actually never seen the opposite =/" - JoJoX200
#104AkaneJonesPosted 12/11/2012 11:13:41 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
I remember me not knowing the context of Goku's "Bulma has no balls" scene in a similar fashion of not catching some PPG and Grim Adventures jokes though. I was such an innocent child.

Sheesh you didn't even learn it from the show? Kind of a dumb kid. Goku figured it out, why couldn't you, and he's super thick? No siblings of the the opposite gender? Parents didn't bath you in the nude? Never played a popular stupid preschool/kindergarten game? Are you one of those people in 4th grade sex edu, who fist palm when when the little light bulb comes on? All in jest though.
#105Argh4430Posted 12/12/2012 6:27:24 PM
AkaneJones posted...
Argh4430 posted...
The worst thing to happen to Castlevania was the art shift into anime. That is a series that does not need it. Even the premature move into 3D with the N64 installments was a better idea than having Charlotte act like a Tsundere, and Hammer acting like a buffoon. Hell, even if those characters stayed the same, with only their art changed, I wouldn't have mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plEG-xlsBnY
Now shut up, because you don't know what your talking about.
Even if the topic is stupid waste of space.
(Silliest ending in Castlevania, but one of the best Classicvanias)

Well, aren't you tough. I obviously know what i'm talking about. That game is great, but not because of it's anime influence.
#106Nickcool1996Posted 12/12/2012 6:36:46 PM(edited)
AkaneJones posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...

Sheesh you didn't even learn it from the show? Kind of a dumb kid. Goku figured it out, why couldn't you, and he's super thick? No siblings of the the opposite gender? Parents didn't bath you in the nude? Never played a popular stupid preschool/kindergarten game? Are you one of those people in 4th grade sex edu, who fist palm when when the little light bulb comes on? All in jest though.

No. I had the same reaction as Bulma.

lol "dumb kid." I was between 5 and 7.

Older sis.

How else would I have been bathed? o_O

Are you telling me I should've played house? The ****.

Ha! Sex Ed. I hated it and paid attention to nothing. What's worse is that I had to take it in high-school as Health. Waste of time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#107redluigi11Posted 12/12/2012 7:03:00 PM
amine boring? i think you need to watch death note
---
Average people are starting to wake up to the fact that EA is a messed up business
Feel the terror of READING! -Merasmus
#108LightHawKnightPosted 12/12/2012 7:18:08 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
lambchips posted...
wow... tc is a weaboo, couldnt you just use the term "cartoon", everytime someone talks japanese on these boards it forces normal everyday people (like myself) to unnecessarily visit google to get the damn definition

life on gamefaqs would be easier if people like tc stop using japanese words to describe things
god

Anyone else find it incredibly ironic that this user complained about having to google "anime", a term which the average individual knows as most video stores have an anime section, while, in the same post, using the made up term "weeaboo", a term which was made up online and a lot more people will have to google?

lol.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#109Minatokun13Posted 12/12/2012 10:34:06 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Minatokun13 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
western cartoons:shows like strawberry shortcake and mlp anime:shows like bleach and dbz

how many anime can you think aimed entirely at 6 year olds? there are good cartoons like the simpsons but there few and far between.

Hamtaro, Card Captor Sakura, Doraemon, Anpanman, Sailor Moon, all Ghibli movies, Pokemon, Digimon, Soul Eater, Yugioh, Naruto, One Piece, Dragonball, Yu yu hakusho, Angelic Layer, Inuyasha, and the like are all marketed to the under 10 age group in Japan. So in other words...most popular anime is aimed at young kids, just like many cartoons in the west are aimed at young kids! So yeah.

As for good cartoons, I can admit I don't watch many cartoons, Japanese or otherwise anymore. However, there are The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Adventure Time, Jumanji the animated series, Rugrats, Futurama, South Park, most Disney and Pixar movies, etc. that are good.

Heck, with each new season of Adventure Time I wonder how it could be a kids' show.

When I have a kid, they're not watching half of those till they're at least 15 and can prove they can be mature about them. Anyone letting 10 and under watch Soul Eater, InuYasha, Yuyu Hakusho, etc. are poor parents.

Cultural differences. Card Captor Sakura has lesbians, gay men, people in love with relatives and a man dating an elementary school child. Doesn't change the fact that despite the American boxed sets saying 13+, this was a show made for 6 year old girls. Naruto, despite the violence, has a target range of about 10 year old boys.

Those are little kids shows in Japan. And they're pretty obviously made for kids, too. They're not very mature at all, and if you think someone needs to be 15 to be mature enough to handle Inuyasha, you aren't giving kids enough credit. Saying that someone is a bad parent because of it is incredibly laughable, and makes me feel sorry for you and any children you may have in the future.
#110LightHawKnightPosted 12/12/2012 10:52:03 PM
Minatokun13 posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
Minatokun13 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

Cultural differences. Card Captor Sakura has lesbians, gay men, people in love with relatives and a man dating an elementary school child. Doesn't change the fact that despite the American boxed sets saying 13+, this was a show made for 6 year old girls. Naruto, despite the violence, has a target range of about 10 year old boys.

Those are little kids shows in Japan. And they're pretty obviously made for kids, too. They're not very mature at all, and if you think someone needs to be 15 to be mature enough to handle Inuyasha, you aren't giving kids enough credit. Saying that someone is a bad parent because of it is incredibly laughable, and makes me feel sorry for you and any children you may have in the future.

Yes cause some anime are targeted towards kids, all anime is targeted towards kids. DUH!
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."