remove the anime obstruction in our video games!

#21wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/11/2012 8:09:16 AM
sage goes in all fields
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#22TaaronPosted 12/11/2012 8:16:18 AM
Well thi read was a good laugh.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#23pokemonmaster0Posted 12/11/2012 8:18:39 AM
Holoogamooga_ posted...
Argh4430 posted...
The worst thing to happen to Castlevania was the art shift into anime. That is a series that does not need it. Even the premature move into 3D with the N64 installments was a better idea than having Charlotte act like a Tsundere, and Hammer acting like a buffoon. Hell, even if those characters stayed the same, with only their art changed, I wouldn't have mind.

Gotta agree with this. I was pretty okay with it until Judgement, but looking back at art for SotN, I wish it had stayed that way (and I haven't even played it! Started with AoS).

On topic, I kind of agree with "removing anime." It's not the art style that bothers me, though. It just seems like every Japanese game has the same plot and the same major characters. This generation, everyone praised Xenoblade Chronicles, but the cast was virtually the same as Final Fantasy X's (not to say either wasn't a well-made game in its own right).

Western games don't exactly have a greater variety in characters and plot. There's always going to be games using cliches.
#24Holoogamooga_Posted 12/11/2012 8:21:22 AM
pokemonmaster0 posted...

Western games don't exactly have a greater variety in characters and plot. There's always going to be games using cliches.

That's true, and I''ll admit western games are fresher for me. I've also come to value gameplay over story, so it's personal preference as well.
#25TrueWhiteBeastPosted 12/11/2012 8:22:57 AM
I laught at people calling this a troll topic.

This was clearly a joke topic, which is somewhat like trolling, but much more light hearted and ment to bring out laughs rather then anger and hate.
#26so64Posted 12/11/2012 8:42:04 AM
KeleenRem posted...
Anime is completely mundane. They inspire everything that's wrong with art and animation. Boring plots inspired by mary sues, nothing but fanservice for the mindless corpses and those freaky eyes. In fact, we should do away with anything that must be drawn in video games!

What I propose is that, from now on, game developers structure their ideas on the concept of Korean Dramas. Korean Dramas are only the best thing to appear on the screen since Orville Redenbacher commercials. Not American dramas, not French, Korean Dramas! Plots could be based around confronting your evil step mother while trying to keep legal custody over your son and preventing your husband from running off with that God Awful Dirty Tramp That Doesn't Learn HER PLACE I Mean, Who Da Hell Does She Think She Is?!

It'll be an entirely new genre. We'll call it, Women's Burden Games.

Sounds like the plot of every Lifetime movie ever conceived. *Yes, I watch Lifetime movies with my mom*
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#27Catcher_FreemanPosted 12/11/2012 8:47:14 AM(edited)
Why are so many Lifetime movies about rape or domestic abuse?

I swear it's feminist anti-male propaganda.
#28KeleenRem(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 8:55:46 AM
so64 posted...
KeleenRem posted...
Anime is completely mundane. They inspire everything that's wrong with art and animation. Boring plots inspired by mary sues, nothing but fanservice for the mindless corpses and those freaky eyes. In fact, we should do away with anything that must be drawn in video games!

What I propose is that, from now on, game developers structure their ideas on the concept of Korean Dramas. Korean Dramas are only the best thing to appear on the screen since Orville Redenbacher commercials. Not American dramas, not French, Korean Dramas! Plots could be based around confronting your evil step mother while trying to keep legal custody over your son and preventing your husband from running off with that God Awful Dirty Tramp That Doesn't Learn HER PLACE I Mean, Who Da Hell Does She Think She Is?!

It'll be an entirely new genre. We'll call it, Women's Burden Games.

Sounds like the plot of every Lifetime movie ever conceived. *Yes, I watch Lifetime movies with my mom*

My mother has nothing to do with this. But it's true.
#29hyjinx17Posted 12/11/2012 8:55:53 AM
lambchips posted...
wow... tc is a weaboo, couldnt you just use the term "cartoon", everytime someone talks japanese on these boards it forces normal everyday people (like myself) to unnecessarily visit google to get the damn definition

life on gamefaqs would be easier if people like tc stop using japanese words to describe things
god

Now this was a much better troll attempt than the original post. Calling anime a cartoon like that's what anime really means because he didn't know and googled it.

10/10 would read again
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#30emagdnEPosted 12/11/2012 9:03:06 AM
Now this was a much better troll attempt than the original post. Calling anime a cartoon like that's what anime really means

because that IS what it means

in fact, in Japan, "anime" (which is really french in orign by the way) refers to ALL animation, and they don't even bother putting Spongebob in a seperate area of the video store from their own animation

so yeah, anime = cartoons, deal with it

don't even try to suggest that anime is somehow too good to be associated with western animation, western animation in general is superior, it just had a rough spot in the late 2000s when Cartoon Network made shows like "My Gym Partner is a Monkey" flagship titles.....
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus