remove the anime obstruction in our video games!

#31MetalLokiPosted 12/11/2012 10:11:57 AM(edited)
so64 posted...
KeleenRem posted...
Anime is completely mundane. They inspire everything that's wrong with art and animation. Boring plots inspired by mary sues, nothing but fanservice for the mindless corpses and those freaky eyes. In fact, we should do away with anything that must be drawn in video games!

What I propose is that, from now on, game developers structure their ideas on the concept of Korean Dramas. Korean Dramas are only the best thing to appear on the screen since Orville Redenbacher commercials. Not American dramas, not French, Korean Dramas! Plots could be based around confronting your evil step mother while trying to keep legal custody over your son and preventing your husband from running off with that God Awful Dirty Tramp That Doesn't Learn HER PLACE I Mean, Who Da Hell Does She Think She Is?!

It'll be an entirely new genre. We'll call it, Women's Burden Games.

Sounds like the plot of every Lifetime movie ever conceived. *Yes, I watch Lifetime movies with my mom*

Lifetime is great. It basically deters women for doing any crimes because whatever they do will wind up a lifetime movie.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#32LightRukiaPosted 12/11/2012 10:20:05 AM
don't even try to suggest that anime is somehow too good to be associated with western animation, western animation in general is superior, it just had a rough spot in the late 2000s when Cartoon Network made shows like "My Gym Partner is a Monkey" flagship titles.....

You started to seem unbias until you said this. There is no superior animation they're both great at what they do. I can watch the movie the Redline or sword of a stranger and appreciate their animation the same way I can watch one of Dreamwork's or Pixar's movies and love their animation as well. I don't get why some people think one has to better than the other.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3pdnu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mH6dQ.gif
#33HeroicSomaCruzPosted 12/11/2012 10:40:49 AM
Quote:The worst thing to happen to Castlevania was the art shift into anime. That is a series that does not need it. Even the premature move into 3D with the N64 installments was a better idea than having Charlotte act like a Tsundere, and Hammer acting like a buffoon. Hell, even if those characters stayed the same, with only their art changed, I wouldn't have mind.
@Argh4430

Are you serious?? DoS and PoR have some of the best gameplay in the series. The worst thing to happen to Castlevania was Lords of Shadow.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#34hyjinx17Posted 12/11/2012 10:43:14 AM
emagdnE posted...
Now this was a much better troll attempt than the original post. Calling anime a cartoon like that's what anime really means

because that IS what it means

in fact, in Japan, "anime" (which is really french in orign by the way) refers to ALL animation, and they don't even bother putting Spongebob in a seperate area of the video store from their own animation

so yeah, anime = cartoons, deal with it

don't even try to suggest that anime is somehow too good to be associated with western animation, western animation in general is superior, it just had a rough spot in the late 2000s when Cartoon Network made shows like "My Gym Partner is a Monkey" flagship titles.....

anime=animation, cartoon=animation, cartoon does not =Anime. I like older western cartoons, and some new like Adventure Time, BUT, they are 2 different things. Don't be stupid/trolling
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#35SMASHKING84Posted 12/11/2012 11:03:07 AM
western cartoons:shows like strawberry shortcake and mlp anime:shows like bleach and dbz

how many anime can you think aimed entirely at 6 year olds? there are good cartoons like the simpsons but there few and far between.

and lol at claiming anime is responsible for every cliche'

when these cliche'd existed long before animation in general did.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#36evillockePosted 12/11/2012 11:03:34 AM
I disagree with you so you're a troll.
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.
#37Catcher_FreemanPosted 12/11/2012 11:08:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/n19lp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jhm60.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8X90o.jpg
#38Rainbro_DashPosted 12/11/2012 11:12:49 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
western cartoons:shows like strawberry shortcake and mlp anime:shows like bleach and dbz

how many anime can you think aimed entirely at 6 year olds? there are good cartoons like the simpsons but there few and far between.

and lol at claiming anime is responsible for every cliche'

when these cliche'd existed long before animation in general did.

MLP:fim is aimed at all ages but it's based off of something that isn't and bleach was a horrible example of a good anime.
---
#39Maxx_the_SlashPosted 12/11/2012 11:12:53 AM
Anime is a cool art style for games, but they keep abusing the hell out of specific themes that I wish would stop, because they make the art style seem annoying. If the themes are stretched out, people like me would be less hateful and less inclined to call them "weeaboo games".

I'm tired of the following themes in "anime games":

- school kids, complete with uniforms (Persona)
- lolis (Disgaea, Etrian Odyssey)
- demons (countless anime-themed games, including Disgaea again)

I'm tired of the anime-styled games starring kids doing great things like saving the world after school and dressing like whores while doing so. Kids are not strong. No group of kids in real life is going to band together and save the world. They'd get their asses kicked and they'd cry all the time. Stop feeding us the illusion that children can accomplish great acts. Its **** like this that makes kids in real life act out and rebel against their parents.

Disgaea is one of the worst culprits I've ever seen. It has school kids, they're all lolis, and most of them are demons. Just about every aspect of the characters, setting and plot is overdone.

This may be controversial for me to say this, but I'm ready for games based on the sentai theme. Stuff like Power Rangers, Voltron, Kamen Riders, etc.. It was overdone in the past, but with this over-saturation of loli-demon-school children for the past decade, at least a return to a flow of sentai games would be a welcome break.

I could also go for more mech-suit anime games. Something like Tekkaman Blade or The Guyver. Or bigger mechs like the ones in Gundam.

And I'd love to see more violent martial arts anime-themed games. Something like Fist of the North Star.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Coming 12-25-12
#40Catcher_FreemanPosted 12/11/2012 11:17:25 AM(edited)
- lolis (Disgaea, Etrian Odyssey)

no u

leave the lolis alone

without them we wouldn't have nono or viridi