2012- the year of ups and downs for 3ds owners

#1X_ULTIMA_XPosted 12/11/2012 8:27:27 AM
Fans anticipation was high at the start of the year, people were looking forward to the likes of paper mario, luigis mansion, kid icarus, resident evil, heroes of ruin, kingdom hearts, theatrythm, nsmb 2, professor layton, mario tennis open and animal crossing

The year started off well with resident evil being a big hit and doing better than i think alot of it expected. It was a return to the series roots and it had a fun rpg like online experience to boot. Later on we got our hands on kid icarus and it was a controversial release, people either loved it or hated it based on the controls (it was my personal GOTY) after a couple more months we got mario tennis open, this was a dissapointment to fans of the series due to its lack of substance and the online play wasnt implemented very well.

Then only a month later square enix releases 3 big games in one month. Heroes of ruin was a flop due to its lack of post game content and new game plus option (very easy difficuilty aswell) kingdom hearts was generally well received but not as good as bbs. Theatrythm surprised alot of people with how ggod it was, the gameplay was addicting, it had alot of content and it was a great homage to the series.

This is when things started to go bad. Nsmb 2 was released and some absolutely hated it because it was a rehash of nsmb wii, another popular complaint was the prize you got for collecting a million coins. Luigis mansion got delayed and pushed into 2013. This left proffesor layton which was a worthy addition to the series and paper mario. The year had come and gone and games like project x zone, bravely default, dragon quest monsters joker terrys wonderland 3d and dragon quest 7 had been announced/released for japan. There has been no confirmation as of yet any of these titles will get an english release. On top of this animal crossing had been pushed to 2013

Last year we had two big hitters release for the holiday season, mario 3d land which was an extremely good mario 3d game and mario kart 7 which had track favorites a great online and some big changes to the series. This year we got paper mario sticker star and thats all. Fans fears were made true when they played paper mario sticker star. They were no where near as good as the original 2. Even worse was the fact that this was going to be like the thousand year door but miyamoto made them scrap the idea. This is all we got for the last part of the year. The eshop virtual console also got nearly no love this year as only a few fan favorite games were released.

And that was 2012 for the 3ds. But theres alot of potential to be had next year. For just the first half of the year we have monster hunter 3 ultimate, animal crossing, fire emblem and luigis mansion 2 coming out and more.

What do you think do you agree with this?
---
Regards, Dolan
#2andizzle29662Posted 12/11/2012 8:35:05 AM
I agree, the fall lineup wasn't their best. Next year will be much better, with fire emblem kicking things off. The WiiU launch probably took most of their marketing resources, so it wasn't a bad idea to push back luigis mansion and animal crossing. I think we will get a Zelda too in 2013, so it looks like 2013 will best the 3ds best year yet!
---
I want to know if any of yall like me as a poster, let me know what you think! Hit me up via message
#3X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 8:47:24 AM
andizzle29662 posted...
I agree, the fall lineup wasn't their best. Next year will be much better, with fire emblem kicking things off. The WiiU launch probably took most of their marketing resources, so it wasn't a bad idea to push back luigis mansion and animal crossing. I think we will get a Zelda too in 2013, so it looks like 2013 will best the 3ds best year yet!

I too think that were gonna see a zelda 3ds game release holiday next year, probably a big E3 announcement. And im excited to know whats in store for the rest of the second half of 2013
---
Regards, Dolan
#4pikachupwnagePosted 12/11/2012 8:47:45 AM
andizzle29662 posted...

Fire emblem
Animal crossing
Harmoknight
Denpa men 2
Castlevania
Brain age
Monster hunter
Prof layton vs ace attorney
Etrian Odyssey IV legends of the titans
Aeteno blade
Pokemon mystery dungeon magnagate and the Infinite labyrinth
Shantae and the pirates curse
Spikes 1001

All those are in the first half of 2013 aside from pokemon and Layton vs ace attorney(don't know when but probably October or November). Oh and we don't know what part of the year Shantae will be either. Still am forgetting several games as well.

Yeah pretty awesome,
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#5Canas_RenvallPosted 12/11/2012 8:53:56 AM
I agree with everything except Paper Mario being bad. I'm loving it so far.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#6X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 9:20:15 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
andizzle29662 posted...

Fire emblem
Animal crossing
Harmoknight
Denpa men 2
Castlevania
Brain age
Monster hunter
Prof layton vs ace attorney
Etrian Odyssey IV legends of the titans
Aeteno blade
Pokemon mystery dungeon magnagate and the Infinite labyrinth
Shantae and the pirates curse
Spikes 1001

All those are in the first half of 2013 aside from pokemon and Layton vs ace attorney(don't know when but probably October or November). Oh and we don't know what part of the year Shantae will be either. Still am forgetting several games as well.

Yeah pretty awesome,

That list alone has 10 games i want on it. Next year should be great
---
Regards, Dolan
#7iLLsteezePosted 12/11/2012 9:39:44 AM
X_ULTIMA_X posted...

This year we got paper mario sticker star and thats all. Fans fears were made true when they played paper mario sticker star. They were no where near as good as the original 2. Even worse was the fact that this was going to be like the thousand year door but miyamoto made them scrap the idea.

drama much? did u actually play this game or are u just repeating crap that you read.
---
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.
#8LunarRoarPosted 12/11/2012 9:56:30 AM
Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing all being pushed back into 2013 was pretty disappointing. Overall this year has been fairly barren for the 3DS, but it's definitely better than last year. Let's see, some good games to come out in 2012 were:
-Crashmo
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star
-Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Yep, sounds about right. There were other games that were pretty good but sorta fell flat (KH3D, Rhythm Thief, for instance). Next year's looking really good though:

-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Ace Attorney 5
-Ace Attorney Vs. Professor Layton
-Animal Crossing: New Leaf
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Fantasy Life
-All The Bravest

The 3DS is looking to have a pretty great future.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#9andizzle29662Posted 12/11/2012 8:32:39 PM
LunarRoar posted...
Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing all being pushed back into 2013 was pretty disappointing. Overall this year has been fairly barren for the 3DS, but it's definitely better than last year. Let's see, some good games to come out in 2012 were:
-Crashmo

Yep, sounds about right. There were other games that were pretty good but sorta fell flat (KH3D, Rhythm Thief, for instance). Next year's looking really good though:

-Ace Attorney 5
-Fantasy Life
-All The Bravest

Those are just confirmed games, e3 will be great!
---
I want to know if any of yall like me as a poster, let me know what you think! Hit me up via message
#10Jakerific44Posted 12/11/2012 9:11:53 PM
andizzle29662 posted...
LunarRoar posted...
-Crashmo

-Ace Attorney 5
-Fantasy Life
-All The Bravest

Those are just confirmed games, e3 will be great!

...I sure hope so.
---
Miiverse is amazing. It's like Gamefaqs but without the trolls.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonwarriorz1?feature=mhee