Part of me thought I wasn't going to enjoy OoT3D because it was a simple remake.

#1RyuVegasPosted 12/11/2012 8:05:27 AM
...but then I played it last night and I was hooked. The updated graphics are beautiful. And the 3D has blown me away, even more so than some Kid Icarus parts. And I have only played up to defeating Ghohma.

I get that people rag on games for being so damn old but c'mon guys: it is freakin' Ocarina of Time. PORTABLY. That s*** is amazing. Maybe I'm one of few that demands console-like games on portables, but they're here and I love them. Playing OoT makes me want Star Fox now too.

Course, the other reason I am in love with this remake is unlike most fans of the Legend of Zelda franchise I not only have only beaten OoT once in my entire life... I also didn't play it until AFTER I had played through and beaten both Wind Waker and Majora's Mask(And yes, I beat them in that order) so I guess it still has a kind of newness for me.

Whatever. Carry on haters on how we shouldn't have portable console games. :3 I personally love the crap that this is happening this gen. And yes I will get a Vita soon too.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega LP: Kid Icarus: Uprising
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#2Phantom_NookPosted 12/11/2012 8:31:35 AM
I agree, the 3DS version feels better for some reason. Also boss rush and Master Quest is nice.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#3FishbulbPosted 12/11/2012 8:41:30 AM
What haters are you talking about?

The general consensus is that people love this game and the 3DS was a great remake.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#4DarkIVloonPosted 12/11/2012 8:45:43 AM(edited)
I loved 3DS version a lot, playing through it was my 3rd time beating the game and was worth it (once on n64, once on gcn collection, and now 3ds)

:)

edit: 1 thing i didnt like about the 3DS version was even after recalibrating my circle pad a few times, i found it hard to roll forward after a high jump and also more difficult to do a spin attack then any other version.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#5EvonfirePosted 12/11/2012 8:48:16 AM
Yes I'm smply loving this game!! It's a shame to think that I owned a 64 and was too busy playing 007 goldeneye and mario kart, and i let this gem of a game slide right past. But in a way its good because im playing for the first time on my 3ds xl and loving every second.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#690sRetroGamingPosted 12/11/2012 9:06:40 AM
Fishbulb posted...
What haters are you talking about?

The general consensus is that people love this game and the 3DS was a great remake.

If you've frequent this board the last year and a half or so you would've seen so many detractors coming on here to try and down play and ridicule this re-release saying "It's not worth it" or "Just get the VC version on the Wii for $10 and save yourself some money" or "If you've already played it why bother with this one?" or "It doesn't look that much better than the original" or "Crappy port", etc, etc.

It's a very nice upgrade and looks MUCH MUCH better compared the original N64 version. there's plenty of reasons to upgrade to this version even if you own any of the previous N64 releases.

Just waiting on MM3D to be confirmed! :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#7SSJKirbyPosted 12/11/2012 1:06:47 PM
Also the Iron Boots being an item like a bottle makes the water temple so much more enjoyable
---
Not changing this signature until Beyond Good and Evil 2 is in my hand.
August 25th, 2010.
#8mario mastaPosted 12/11/2012 2:16:52 PM
If you've frequent this board the last year and a half or so you would've seen so many detractors coming on here to try and down play and ridicule this re-release saying "It's not worth it" or "Just get the VC version on the Wii for $10 and save yourself some money" or "If you've already played it why bother with this one?" or "It doesn't look that much better than the original" or "Crappy port", etc, etc.

They're right though. There really isn't anything about it that would make me want to shell out money for it other than the updated graphics. I've already played the game a hundred times, I don't want to pay to play it one more time.
---
...I guess...
#9SSJKirbyPosted 12/11/2012 2:25:29 PM
smoother frame rate, better looking models, iron boots being an item like a bottle, master quest included, it's the definitive version
---
Not changing this signature until Beyond Good and Evil 2 is in my hand.
August 25th, 2010.
#10HeroicSomaCruzPosted 12/11/2012 2:33:32 PM
It's a great port, but a pitiful remake.

The new graphics are wonderful and the original game remains in-tact. But I'm a little peeved at Nintendo's and Grezzo's blatant laziness for not including any solid extras outside of adding Master Quest and flipping it. The boss battles mode is a huge slap in the face if it doesn't come with any incentives to doing so. Nintendo has been doing this no reward crap since Super Mario 64 because they try to play it safe with their ports.

Too safe, even.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg