So long Iphone Gaming...

#1EvonfirePosted 12/11/2012 9:54:48 AM
I use to think handheld gaming was limited to my Iphone. I thought after the Gameboy Advance there was no longer a point to handheld gaming because console gaming systems (ps3, xbox 360) had advanced so much graphically. Once I got tired of the same mini-movie type console games, I found myself playing Angry Birds and other Iphone games. Then something happened, I heard about the 3ds XL and realized that after 10 years apart from nintendo, it was time to come home. Now, I can't even game on my Iphone if I want to. Even Angry Birds Star Wars is barely playable compared to the fun I'm having in MK7, and Zelda:oot. Thats all, thanks for letting me share. Go Nintendo!
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#2LunarRoarPosted 12/11/2012 9:57:42 AM
Glad to hear it, enjoy your new system.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#3rideshortPosted 12/11/2012 9:57:45 AM
Should've continued during the DS era. It also has a very good library of games.
---
I believe in the Golden Rule and you should too!
http://i.imgur.com/63HCN.gif
#4XRay2984Posted 12/11/2012 9:58:45 AM
Yeah seriously, got pick up all the awesome DS titles you've missed out on. You'll thank us later :)
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#5Darkstorm16Posted 12/11/2012 9:59:13 AM
To me handheld is no different than consoles, I'm not gonna restrict myself to one company. That's why Im trying to find a PSP, the more variety of systems the more variety of games, I still don't see games I enjoy on the IOS device that appear on these systems like basically anything from Kairosoft, Gamevil, Ravenous Games. That goes with consoles too.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#6Evonfire(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:26:56 AM
XRay2984 posted...
Yeah seriously, got pick up all the awesome DS titles you've missed out on. You'll thank us later :)

Yes I'm totally gonna do this!

The first DS games I want are: Hotel Dusk, 999, TWENY, Prof. Layton. Pokemon B/W 1 & 2, Zelda games? Castlevania games? Ohh and Ghost Trick.

It's kind of nice having so many DS games available and it was definitly a selling point for me when I bought my 3DS. I think it's great how Nintendo values backwards compatibility in their handhelds. I like Sony also but for handheld gaming I just had to go with Nintendo, and boy am I glad I did. Playing Zelda: oot, and Mario 3D land, and Mario Kart 7 brings back so many childhood memories! I'm 27 and realize that just because I'm not that into the Wii or Wii U doesn't mean I can't be into Nintendo entirely.

I got the red 3ds xl because it reminded me of my old Virtual Boy, boy I wish i had that thing again, i sold it at a yard sale years ago.
---
#7Evonfire(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:29:50 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
To me handheld is no different than consoles, I'm not gonna restrict myself to one company. That's why Im trying to find a PSP, the more variety of systems the more variety of games, I still don't see games I enjoy on the IOS device that appear on these systems like basically anything from Kairosoft, Gamevil, Ravenous Games. That goes with consoles too.

I think this is a very wise approach Dark that way you don't become bias/fanboy and miss out on unique gaming experiences. It's too easy, espeiclaly on GameFAQS to get sucked into that team mentality , ex: I own a 3ds therefore I hate the ps vita and want it to fail.
---
#8osboesPosted 12/11/2012 10:40:10 AM
Evonfire posted...

I think this is a very wise approach Dark that way you don't become bias/fanboy and miss out on unique gaming experiences. It's too easy, espeiclaly on GameFAQS to get sucked into that team mentality , ex: I own a 3ds therefore I hate the ps vita and want it to fail.

So true.
#9Northern_RosePosted 12/11/2012 11:31:06 AM
Evonfire posted...
XRay2984 posted...

Yes I'm totally gonna do this!

The first DS games I want are: Hotel Dusk, 999, TWENY, Prof. Layton. Pokemon B/W 1 & 2, Zelda games? Castlevania games? Ohh and Ghost Trick.

All great games and some of the best the DS has to offer, though it still has hundreds mores great games and thousands of other games. All 3 of the Castlevania games are great.

The 2 Zelda games however, well lets just say they never even made it close to being the best Zelda games made. A fair warning: just because they are called Zelda and made by Nintendo, doesn't mean they are great games.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#10moogle69Posted 12/11/2012 11:39:57 AM
Greatnow go get yourself some dS games.

This post also reminds me to update my Sig, I own a PS3, PSP, 3DS and WiiU s o it makes since to give away my ID, I'll also put current games I'm playing
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon