Did you enjoy Kid Icarus Uprising?

#71diving_devil46Posted 12/12/2012 10:46:21 AM
Not really...

Controls are awful... You can make excuses, say it was for experimental sakes etc etc etc but the controls are so uncomfortable it makes the game hard to play.

I wish we could just play this like a standard game, as I think I'd love it then.
#72king_darksPosted 12/12/2012 11:03:30 AM
diving_devil46 posted...
Not really...

Controls are awful... You can make excuses, say it was for experimental sakes etc etc etc but the controls are so uncomfortable it makes the game hard to play.

I wish we could just play this like a standard game, as I think I'd love it then.

Your opinion. The board is pretty much split between those who like the controls and those who hate it. Barely anybody in the middle.
---
School days are back.
#73AnclationPosted 12/12/2012 12:13:52 PM
Easily my favorite original 3DS game, I definitely enjoyed it a ton!
#74TheRealMrManPosted 12/12/2012 12:23:44 PM
warior55 posted...
This is "one of those games" that I cant understand why anyone likes it.

Its not even the controls, I just thought it was bland as s***. The voice acting was pretty good and so were the graphics, but the on-foot sections were mind-numbingly terrible (along with some of the flying sections).

I've concluded that people only like it because they are desperate to find a good game to justify their purchase of a system with an otherwise lackluster library so far....

Nice Halo sig.

And for people complaining about the controls, did you not brace the 3DS with your right hand? It's very easy to do.
#75JakranPosted 12/13/2012 11:39:38 AM
Nope, didn't like it.

Solo mode's story and the voice acting was good and the controls weren't a problem once I found a scheme that suited me. But other things just ruined the game for me.

I honestly don't like weapon fusion because it's just too complicated and to make a strong weapon to beat higher difficulties, you have to grind over and over for weapons, hoping to get the mods you want, then spend weeks/months fusing to (maybe) get your dream weapon.........how that's supposed be fun is beyond me. I hate grinding in games and after playing the same levels over and over and making little progress and getting killed trying to play on higher intensities, I just got sick of it and gave up. MP wasn't much better because even after months of practice, was just no good at it and kept losing. Eventually sold my copy because it just wasn't worth all the frustration.

KI:U is one of the best 3DS game out there, but that's honestly how I felt while playing it.
#76shampoowarriorPosted 12/13/2012 3:54:26 PM
DiabloDragon224 posted...
As a lefty without a circle pad pro, no. There was not a single control scheme I could come up with that made this game comfortable and "make sense".

This for me.
If I could find a control scheme that worked, I think I would have enjoyed it.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#77so64Posted 12/13/2012 4:51:22 PM
Yes. Most played 3DS game of 2012 with 83+ hours dedicated to it.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#78warmilkPosted 12/13/2012 5:21:16 PM
Nah it wasn't the controls. The controls felt fine to me

The game felt too cheesy and repetitive it got boring quick
---
I only exist.
#79EtheniaPosted 12/14/2012 10:38:11 PM
No, I just didn't like the whole gameplay =/... tired to play it twice, dislike it both time.
---
My message is above.
0260-2886-8907(Soul Silver) 2880-2252-6276(Diamond)
#80BenzychenzPosted 12/14/2012 11:42:39 PM
My GotY.
Gameplay, story/dialog, soundtrack, all amazing.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg