I'm convinced that every series now has "The ____ Cycle"

#1Lord_FroodPosted 12/11/2012 7:42:46 PM
"Wah 3D Land sucks, rehash, outcry!"
Then NSMB2 gets released. Suddenly, very little hate for 3DL and all the complaints about "NSMB2 is stale, 3DL was INNOVATIVE," come flooding out. It's like Flavor of the Month, but backwards. I don't get you guys.

>YOU GUYS HE MEANS ALL OF US
No, it's a generic term.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#2pikachupwnagePosted 12/11/2012 7:43:46 PM
*Grabs popcorn*
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#3BluesMX90Posted 12/11/2012 7:44:44 PM
*Grabs pikachupwnage's popcorn*
---
The Official SeeD Member of whatever FF Board
As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain. ~ Squall
#4Koi_TenchiPosted 12/11/2012 7:45:33 PM
I honestly don't remember a single person using the term "rehash" to describe 3D Land.

Sure, perhaps some people didn't like it, but rehash?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#5Nickcool1996Posted 12/11/2012 7:45:44 PM
*Throws nuclear shield*
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#6Delirious_BeardPosted 12/11/2012 7:51:12 PM
I think with the release of NSMB2 people just remembered how pathetic and uninspired it was, and had a newfound appreciation for 3D Land, which wasn't really anything special, but better than NSMB2.
---
This sig will not change until J.P. Howell and Carlos Pena are released or sent down from the Tampa Bay Rays.
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg
#7Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 7:51:16 PM
I never bashed or praised either game in my opening post, I'm just befuddled as to why a game sucks one month and is near unanimously lauded as great the next.
---
#8MetalLokiPosted 12/11/2012 7:52:27 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
"Wah 3D Land sucks, rehash, outcry!"
Then NSMB2 gets released. Suddenly, very little hate for 3DL and all the complaints about "NSMB2 is stale, 3DL was INNOVATIVE," come flooding out. It's like Flavor of the Month, but backwards. I don't get you guys.

>YOU GUYS HE MEANS ALL OF US
No, it's a generic term.

Yeah bro, I agree. It happens with almost everything.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#9PsychoWolfXPosted 12/11/2012 7:55:38 PM
I wasn't hanging around here when 2D land first came out, but I've heard nothing but good things about it o.O people really disliked it? o.O I for one as quite impressed with it, though I never did play Galaxy 1 or 2.
#10Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 7:59:49 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
I wasn't hanging around here when 2D land first came out, but I've heard nothing but good things about it o.O people really disliked it? o.O I for one as quite impressed with it, though I never did play Galaxy 1 or 2.

From the negative side of things, it was 50/50 on people trying to get reactions by bashing it and the other half not liking it.

And now this brings me back to another point I've brought up before. Why judge games based on the other ones in the series? Just because Game 2 wasn't as good as Game 1 doesn't mean that 2 sucks.
---