I'm convinced that every series now has "The ____ Cycle"

#11ArsicPosted 12/11/2012 7:08:30 PM
You're just mashing together different peoples' opinions. If that was the same person they'd probably be very dumb.
---
Intel i7 2600K -- Asus P8Z68-V Pro -- 8GB Corsair Vengeance -- SLI [EVGA GTX 580 + Zotac GTX 580] -- Corsair Hydro Series H100 -- Corsair Obsidian 650D
#12Tempest717Posted 12/11/2012 7:11:09 PM
It's not a cycle, when a game comes out there are simply more people talking about it, both good and bad. Why people are under the illusion that there's a cycle is because the haters/complainers/trolls/people who simply didn't like the game move on to something else, fans of the game stick around and continue to praise it however.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#13Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 2:43:17 AM
Hm, I like those last two posts, they make the most sense so far. I'll start looking at it that way then.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#14brStalkerPosted 12/12/2012 3:20:02 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
I honestly don't remember a single person using the term "rehash" to describe 3D Land.

Sure, perhaps some people didn't like it, but rehash?

Yes, they did. As they do with every Mario game in existence. New 2D Mario game? Rehash. New 3D Mario game? Rehash. New Mario Kart? New Mario Tennis? New Mario Party? New series? All rehash.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#15pikachupwnagePosted 12/12/2012 4:09:48 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
I never bashed or praised either game in my opening post, I'm just befuddled as to why a game sucks one month and is near unanimously lauded as great the next.

I for one always lauded 3D land as great.
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#16DarkHeroRavenPosted 12/12/2012 4:31:02 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
I never bashed or praised either game in my opening post, I'm just befuddled as to why a game sucks one month and is near unanimously lauded as great the next.

I for one always lauded 3D land as great.

This. It's just so fun <3
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#17gamester_12345Posted 12/12/2012 11:58:26 AM
The Main Mario series has a tendency to be the best when it's current, but then looks a bit thin when in comparison to later games in the series.

Like Super Mario Brothers having simple mechanics yet challenging gameplay basically codified it as how platforming games should go, and it still holds itself in today's age...then came Mario Brothers 2 US which was alright with story you wouldn't have to read the manual for and introduced mechanics such as holding items to throw.

3 added a world map and staples like fortresses and such, which later extended into World which greatly increased exploration.

I'd consider the 3d games to be separate from the 2D games, mostly because the former is just simply more open ended whilst gathering Stars/shines/whatever though you have to admit that Mario Galaxy 2 felt a bit of a pseudo sequel but still felt pretty much the same, it doesn't help that there was as much story behind this one to the extent that one of their most beloved and recently introduced characters wasn't heard, yet alone seen at least until near the end? (Rosalina)

As for 3D land.....it felt a bit average; sure it uses more modern things like Hidden Worlds as a form of aftergame challenge but it's implementation seems....generic, it just seems weird that the Tanuki Tail would come back like that that it almost seems similar how Acorn Mushrooms popped out of nowhere in NSMB Wii U.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief
#18Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 12/12/2012 1:07:06 PM
Lord_Frood posted...

Everyone that hated it came to the boards to complain at first.

Those who loved it were too busy playing.

Everyone who loved it finished in a month.

They praised it.

There ya go.
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#19McMarblesPosted 12/12/2012 1:10:15 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
"Wah 3D Land sucks, rehash, outcry!"
Then NSMB2 gets released. Suddenly, very little hate for 3DL and all the complaints about "NSMB2 is stale, 3DL was INNOVATIVE," come flooding out. It's like Flavor of the Month, but backwards. I don't get you guys.

>YOU GUYS HE MEANS ALL OF US
No, it's a generic term.

See, now you understand why people get irritated.
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#20mcnichojPosted 12/12/2012 1:10:21 PM
>Tales game gets releaased
Boy, can't wait for that localization release date.
>A year or two goes by, sequel or enhanced port is announced
They sure can't deny us the game now.
>Game never gets localized
>Queue up next Tales game
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.