How susceptible is the 3DS to major DLC (in regards to Theatrhythm FF)?

#1QuantumWolfPosted 12/12/2012 5:24:34 PM
So yeah, pretty peeved with the announcement of the iOS-only stuff for Theathrhytm. Now assuming that they COULD be 3DS DLC down the line, is it even possible?

The songs I can see working (and stages too considering 3 of the 52 3DS DLC songs had their own unique stage backgrounds), but what about in regards to characters and the additional difficulty level? Can the 3DS handle that kind of DLC?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3740-3024-4512
#2Tempest717Posted 12/12/2012 5:42:02 PM
Well games can be patched, so even if it can't right now they can patch it to.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#3QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 5:47:18 PM
Like Mario Kart 7's patch? I dunno, seems like something a little too small for including a lot.

I ask this because what if we DO get the iOS stuff, but it turns out to be an entirely new separate cartridge instead with all the goodies?
---
#4XashowdPosted 12/12/2012 5:47:55 PM
Tempest717 posted...

This. Like with MK7 (and the Japanese version of KH3D), they can release a free patch on the eShop if they absolutely have to. If they intend on making the ios DLC for the 3DS version as well, it really won't take much to add them in. They utilize the same artstyle for the sprites, so a tweaked Copy/paste shouldn't be that hard, right? Or are there more major differences I'm not aware of? If so, feel free to enlighten me. I do intend on getting the 3DS version after Xmas.
---
Official Member of the MnK! I am The Wandering Nightwind, Xashowd!
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#5QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 5:50:33 PM
Xashowd posted...
Tempest717 posted...

This. Like with MK7 (and the Japanese version of KH3D), they can release a free patch on the eShop if they absolutely have to. If they intend on making the ios DLC for the 3DS version as well, it really won't take much to add them in. They utilize the same artstyle for the sprites, so a tweaked Copy/paste shouldn't be that hard, right? Or are there more major differences I'm not aware of? If so, feel free to enlighten me. I do intend on getting the 3DS version after Xmas.

Aside from characters and songs, the only other noticable difference is an additional difficulty level.

With all that mentioned...perhaps a patch can work out. I just ask mainly in regards to the game's coding and how these new characters and songs work and whatnot.
---
#6logans_run_82Posted 12/12/2012 5:51:30 PM
Mutant Mudds got a free patch that added DLC-level content.

Of course that's no indication that theatrhythm will. But it's happened before on 3DS games.
---
The Opposite of a great truth is also true -- Niels Bohr
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#7QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 6:01:48 PM
logans_run_82 posted...
Mutant Mudds got a free patch that added DLC-level content.

Of course that's no indication that theatrhythm will. But it's happened before on 3DS games.

I see. Well, at the very least we know it's possible.

All that's left is S-E's willingness to do it. Which, come to think of it, isn't exactly that reassuring. But hey, this iOS stuff has just been announced.

On the other hand...to announce 3DS DLC stuff will turn a lot of people way from the iOS version.

But...on the other hand...this is aimed for the casuals, who likely won't have a 3DS.

...they gave iOS exclusive stuff. Unheard of. Absurd!
---
#8QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:52:45 PM
Checking the full list of what's new, it seems that not only tracks from unrepresented Final Fantasy's are there, there are also tracks from the already-represented games, like Not Alone from IX and Red Wings form IV.

At this point, considering that people say it should be an easy fix, they have no excuse NOT to give the 3DS this new stuff as DLC.
---
#9JurassicBondPosted 12/13/2012 6:33:03 AM
The new songs at least should be easy to release. I'd be happy if they did just those.
---
Reading: The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East - R. Fisk
http://i.imgur.com/uViYl.png http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#10QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:50:13 AM
At this point I don't care too much about the additional characters, but I'm all for the songs being released as DLC, especially after they managed to release a whopping 52. What harm will 10 more do?
---