3DS has pretty conclusively proven it's best to fire all your bullets at once

#41forest_wandererPosted 12/13/2012 11:26:41 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
And don't respond with HURR PORT HURR REMAKE since that hardly disqualifies a game from being a big deal. If they remade FFVII for Vita, you know everyone that owns one would instantly climax.

Read my post on this. Ports are usually something people want after they get a system, they aren't system sellers themselves in most cases.

Yeah, but the TC's original post was about how the 3DS has no good games in the second year of its lifespan. The console has been out for almost two years now, has system sellers, so ports are completely viable games to recommend.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#42Gogo726Posted 12/13/2012 11:27:10 PM
Doesn't change the fact that they're still worth owning, as TC claimed there weren't games worth owning released in 2012.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#43kewldude475Posted 12/13/2012 11:32:07 PM(edited)
forest_wanderer posted...
Since the last guy who tried to do this did it wrong, I'll give it a shot.

Big/acclaimed games since last December...

Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, Tales of the Abyss, Mario Tennis, Kingdom Hearts, Professor Layton, Epic Mickey, Nightsky, Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western,Colors 3D, Harvest Moon

All bolded games look either very niche, or just look like very unentertaining games. And I don't see why people go gaga for Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. Like, maybe a very casual gamer or a woman in her mid 20's or something.

And don't respond with HURR PORT HURR REMAKE since that hardly disqualifies a game from being a big deal. If they remade FFVII for Vita, you know everyone that owns one would instantly climax.

In the case of say, Tales of The Abyss, cto Persona 4 Golden, or a FFVII remake, it's pretty obvious which one people would be excited for. TotA 3D added little to the experience. So yeah, a FFVII remake for Vita would be a big deal. Don't think you thought that one through.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#44DemonDog666Posted 12/13/2012 11:36:45 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
RE: Revelations, in my humble opinion, is the BEST handheld experience of all time, and is the first, and only handheld game to ever be a true console replacement. You do agree with me they've been costing since the Mario double whammy. I think it's pretty indisputable. But when you're selling like the 3DS is, I would be coasting too.

What should be troubling Nintendo is the somewhat shaky WiiU launch, but with the 3DS powerhouse they can maintain another N64/Gamecube-esque seller.

You obviously never held a psp or vita.
#45forest_wandererPosted 12/13/2012 11:39:50 PM
kewldude475 posted...

All bolded games look either very niche, or just look like very unentertaining games. And I don't see why people go gaga for Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. Like, maybe a very casual gamer or a woman in her mid 20's or something.

All subjective. I simply listed games that met with positive acclaim. Generally a game that receives good reviews means it is worth owning. If you wanna play "Game A looks unentertaining" then I could say "Every single game on Console B looks unentertaining. Poor show, company."

In the case of say, Tales of The Abyss, cto Persona 4 Golden, or a FFVII remake, it's pretty obvious which one people would be excited for. TotA 3D added little to the experience. So yeah, a FFVII remake for Vita would be a big deal. Don't think you thought that one through.

I thought it through just fine. I said that ports and remakes qualify just as much as original games as compared to people saying "It's a remake it doesn't count". My point was that a good game is a game worth owning, which goes back to TC's original tirade about 3DS not getting any games worth getting this year.
---
#46ceedofevilPosted 12/13/2012 11:41:41 PM
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, Theatrythym Final Fantasy, & Ambassador status has made the 3DS a worthy purchase for me.
---
"I don't think this is funny. I wasted my time entering." -GameFAQ's new slogan.
#47kewldude475Posted 12/13/2012 11:42:11 PM
kewldude475 posted...

All subjective. I simply listed games that met with positive acclaim. Generally a game that receives good reviews means it is worth owning. If you wanna play "Game A looks unentertaining" then I could say "Every single game on Console B looks unentertaining. Poor show, company."

I thought it through just fine. I said that ports and remakes qualify just as much as original games as compared to people saying "It's a remake it doesn't count". My point was that a good game is a game worth owning, which goes back to TC's original tirade about 3DS not getting any games worth getting this year.

Subjective, but I doubt too many non-3DS fans would disagree with me. Unless ou can prove me wrong of course.

Also, a game isn't worth owning if you've already played it, and it adds little to the experience.
---
#48forest_wandererPosted 12/13/2012 11:49:20 PM
kewldude475 posted...

Also, a game isn't worth owning if you've already played it, and it adds little to the experience.

Well, not everyone played Tales of the Abyss back on the PS2, now did they. So unless you can prove that every living human purchased TotA when it originally released, then it makes the game worth owning for some people.
---
#49ceedofevilPosted 12/13/2012 11:51:06 PM
kewldude475 posted...

Wow, what horrible logic.
---
"I don't think this is funny. I wasted my time entering." -GameFAQ's new slogan.
#50kewldude475Posted 12/13/2012 11:52:52 PM
kewldude475 posted...

Well, not everyone played Tales of the Abyss back on the PS2, now did they. So unless you can prove that every living human purchased TotA when it originally released, then it makes the game worth owning for some people.

Hence why I said "if".
---