so that teaser page for some new square enix game was a port!!??

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. so that teaser page for some new square enix game was a port!!??
3 years ago#11
It gets better, and I will bold it for emphasis...

You can get Theatrythym for iOS absolutely free. It comes with a whopping 2 songs. In order to buy every other song (or at least the same amount in the $30 3DS version), it will cost you about $160. And no, that is not a type-o
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
3 years ago#12
I'm not pissed because of that, I'm mad because the iOS version gets characters, songs, and more than the 3DS version doesn't get (granted, you have to pay out the ass for additional stuff in the iOS version, but I don't see why the new stuff couldn't be offered as paid DLC for us 3DS owners too).

I've been very tolerant of Square the last few years, but this seriously bugs me.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
3 years ago#13
EternalNether posted...
It gets better, and I will bold it for emphasis...

You can get Theatrythym for iOS absolutely free. It comes with a whopping 2 songs. In order to buy every other song (or at least the same amount in the $30 3DS version), it will cost you about $160. And no, that is not a type-o

I don't even own a mobile phone, but even I know the mobile phone market better than Square Enix apparantly: that game's going to get ridiculed big time. I mean, even for the 3DS $160,00 is worth ridiculing, so just imagine how it is for a platform with games that are on average 40x cheaper.
3 years ago#14
square-enix and capcom has been screwing up with their franchises lately.

this post works off of the false premise that Square and/or Enix ever had any good franchises to screw up to begin with

That's not a premise, that's an assumption. And the fact that franchises like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasies--that word back there WAS fact, by the way--are among the most popular game franchises in history (according the review metrics, community standards and sales) denies the possibility of that assumption being false.

So, basically, everything in your post is ass-backwards wrong.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
3 years ago#15
I'm going to hopefully buy Dragon Quest VII for my 3DS and then probably wash my hands of Square Enix for a while.

With all their shenanigans, I can't see them putting out anything else worthwhile anytime soon with the exception of maybe bringing Dragon Quest X. But after playing FFXIV not sure how I feel about DQX.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
3 years ago#16
Just get used to it.
3 years ago#17
ssbmrocks posted...
I'm not pissed because of that, I'm mad because the iOS version gets characters, songs, and more than the 3DS version doesn't get (granted, you have to pay out the ass for additional stuff in the iOS version, but I don't see why the new stuff couldn't be offered as paid DLC for us 3DS owners too).

I've been very tolerant of Square the last few years, but this seriously bugs me.

That pretty much sums up my annoyance as well. S-E can keep doing their stuff with the iOS and whatnot, but the exclusive content, when it has no damn reason for being exclusive, is just dumb.

What motivated them to get exclusive stuff anyway?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3740-3024-4512
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. so that teaser page for some new square enix game was a port!!??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived