Anyone here have an XL with no screen protectors?

#11Vegito15243Posted 12/14/2012 3:47:31 AM
When I saw the markings left by my regular 3DS I went out the next day for a screen protector for the top screen. Before that I never used one for my DS, DS Lite(s) nor my DSi. I did get protectors for my iPad, Vita and phone as well.

Now I just purchased an XL and if the markings appear on it, which I'm hoping they don't, I will buy a protector for it as well.
---
Gamertag: Vegito15243.
3DS Friend Code: (Vegito) 0688 -5253-6669
#12Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:26:23 AM
Hm, it seems like markings are an issue for most people - if not immediately, eventually.

Would getting a screen protector for the bottom screen actually make it EASIER to scratch the top screen? I mean, it WOULD decrease the small distance between the two screens when the XL is closed due to the increase in thickness.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#13656stoogePosted 12/14/2012 6:40:09 AM
Spideymaster posted...

Would getting a screen protector for the bottom screen actually make it EASIER to scratch the top screen? I mean, it WOULD decrease the small distance between the two screens when the XL is closed due to the increase in thickness.

No. The bottom screen is entirely surrounded by a raised area.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#1490sRetroGamingPosted 12/14/2012 6:44:17 AM
If you're smart you'll purchase a set of good screen protectors for BOTH your bottom and top screens. these aren't made with Gorilla Glass...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#15Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:45:32 AM
656stooge posted...
Spideymaster posted...

No. The bottom screen is entirely surrounded by a raised area.

Oh, right.

I may end up just picking up a screen protector for the bottom screen, but I must admit: Some of your guys' experiences have me weary about not getting one for both, heh.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#16abbyhitterPosted 12/14/2012 6:54:39 AM
Me! I don't have screen protectors.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#17Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 7:01:03 AM
Someone answer me this: Is the 3DS XL's top screen easier to scratch than the DSi's? Because I've had a DSi for about 3 and a half years, and the top screen on that still has no noticeable markings.

Is it simply a matter of how picky you are, or is the XL's top screen really that sensitive to marks and scratches?
---
#18stargazer64Posted 12/14/2012 7:03:08 AM
Spideymaster posted...
Someone answer me this: Is the 3DS XL's top screen easier to scratch than the DSi's? Because I've had a DSi for about 3 and a half years, and the top screen on that still has no noticeable markings.

Is it simply a matter of how picky you are, or is the XL's top screen really that sensitive to marks and scratches?

The only way the top screen is going to get damaged is if the 'bumpers' are insufficient and some part of the lower half of the system contacts the top screen when the system is closed.

With the XL, this is extremely unlikely.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#19656stoogePosted 12/14/2012 7:05:29 AM
If you're so worried about it now then I'm going to assume that you'll be taking pretty good care of your 3DS?

My screen doesn't have a single scratch on it but I do treat it very carefully. If you plan on carrying yours in your pocket every day, I might invest in a screen protector, but if you keep a cloth between the screen and carry it in a case then you should be fine.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#20Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 7:15:11 AM
656stooge posted...
If you're so worried about it now then I'm going to assume that you'll be taking pretty good care of your 3DS?

My screen doesn't have a single scratch on it but I do treat it very carefully. If you plan on carrying yours in your pocket every day, I might invest in a screen protector, but if you keep a cloth between the screen and carry it in a case then you should be fine.

Yeah, I'm planning on buying a good case for it.

Getting a microfiber cloth to put between the screens just in case seems like a good idea. I may just do that. Thanks (And thanks to you too, stargazer).
---