so because nintendo region locked the 3ds

#11212-1Posted 12/13/2012 11:00:23 PM
they ought to start bringing over japanese imports on the e-shop. Because I would love to play hatsune miku on the 3ds, but would rather not pay another 250$ for one, because I don't have that kind of money. Region locking a system is incredibly stupid. They could also put ex troopers up just as it is, untranslated. That would be fine with me. Just put a note on the e-shop saying "these games are not in English" EX Troopers looks fun, and I don't usually play games for story. A lot of games like RPG's do end up getting translated, but for music and games that don't rely to heavily on story, it would be cool to see them on the e-shop, and because it's not a game with a case or anything, it wouldn't cost too much. I mean, they did that on the wii with the first sin and punishment and that monster world 4 game right? So it would be cool if they did something like that for the 3ds, be it new game or old.

Oh well, I don't mean to complain, I know enough people do that already, just saying it would be cool if nintendo or other company's like sega put a few of there games up on the e-shop at some point.

A few games I am glad are getting released here: Fire emblem 3ds, proffesor layton vs ace attourney, Etrian Oddyssey 4, Ace attorney 5,Unchained blades, level 5 games like Liberation maiden, crimson shroud, etc. Oh! And rhythm harmoknights by game freaks! That game looks GREAT!

Games I hope are translated and released someday: Miles edgeworth 2, EX Troopers(they could always just give it some crappy subs and leave the hard subbed writing or whatever), Project X Zone(ARRRRGGHGHHHH)

Asides from that why are Gameboy colour games always put up so slowly? Like when do you think wario land 3 will come out? 2015?
#2n00bsaib0tPosted 12/13/2012 11:03:53 PM
I've been saying for a while that they should do this just like Sony did with the PS1 imports section on PSN. Those have notes about not being in English as well. I don't think they sold well though, as there haven't been any new ones in a while and in general there aren't a lot of them. I was hoping the rest of the Mega Man games will show up, but its been ages since 4 was put up there. I don't know what it is about those games, I can never purchase them too many times.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#3esoteric42Posted 12/14/2012 6:03:22 AM
The region lock on 3DS didn't bug me too much until I saw the awesomeness that is DQ VII.

It's gonna be a long year of waiting for me.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#4nazacuckooPosted 12/14/2012 6:10:31 AM
esoteric42 posted...
The region lock on 3DS didn't bug me too much until I saw the awesomeness that is DQ VII.

Any idea if it'll get localised? (US and EU?)
I want that game so bad.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#5McMarblesPosted 12/14/2012 6:32:46 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
esoteric42 posted...

Any idea if it'll get localised? (US and EU?)
I want that game so bad.

It's a numbered game, so it has a shot, even if Nintendo has to do it.
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#6KeleenRemPosted 12/14/2012 6:35:51 AM
They did this for Korea.
#71212-1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:20:09 PM
really? well that's cool. Who knows, maybe someday? Anyways, someone should suggest this to nintendo sometime.
#8SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/14/2012 6:38:18 PM
1212-1 posted...
they ought to start bringing over japanese imports on the e-shop. Because I would love to play hatsune miku on the 3ds, but would rather not pay another 250$ for one, because I don't have that kind of money. Region locking a system is incredibly stupid. They could also put ex troopers up just as it is, untranslated. That would be fine with me. Just put a note on the e-shop saying "these games are not in English" EX Troopers looks fun, and I don't usually play games for story. A lot of games like RPG's do end up getting translated, but for music and games that don't rely to heavily on story, it would be cool to see them on the e-shop, and because it's not a game with a case or anything, it wouldn't cost too much. I mean, they did that on the wii with the first sin and punishment and that monster world 4 game right? So it would be cool if they did something like that for the 3ds, be it new game or old.

Oh well, I don't mean to complain, I know enough people do that already, just saying it would be cool if nintendo or other company's like sega put a few of there games up on the e-shop at some point.

A few games I am glad are getting released here: Fire emblem 3ds, proffesor layton vs ace attourney, Etrian Oddyssey 4, Ace attorney 5,Unchained blades, level 5 games like Liberation maiden, crimson shroud, etc. Oh! And rhythm harmoknights by game freaks! That game looks GREAT!

Games I hope are translated and released someday: Miles edgeworth 2, EX Troopers(they could always just give it some crappy subs and leave the hard subbed writing or whatever), Project X Zone(ARRRRGGHGHHHH)

Asides from that why are Gameboy colour games always put up so slowly? Like when do you think wario land 3 will come out? 2015?

You must not follow Nintendo at all if you believe that. All of their retail-to-eshop games are the same as release day prices, and Unchained Blades will cost $29.99. Who ever told you that no case or anything would not cost much lied to you.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#9pbandjamesPosted 12/14/2012 7:03:13 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
1212-1 posted...

You must not follow Nintendo at all if you believe that. All of their retail-to-eshop games are the same as release day prices, and Unchained Blades will cost $29.99. Who ever told you that no case or anything would not cost much lied to you.

I believe he meant, "It won't cost too much for the developers." In which, yes, they won't have to pay for materials and translation.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#10Frozenx07Posted 12/14/2012 7:11:48 PM
I feel the same way. No translation is necessary. I just want the damn game! Give people options!
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558