If I do a system transfer...

#1RomanticWaluigiPosted 12/14/2012 3:07:42 AM
I want to buy a white or maybe pikachu xl and then sell my silver xl but first I need to do a system transfer.

My question is...if I get the white one that comes installed with mario kart, after I do the system transfer will I still have the mario kart? Or does it overwrite everything with the new data?

Also, I'm entitiled to a free download of Layton. The codes going to be redeemable in January. Even though its not the same 3ds, the code should still work right?
---
End of post.
#2RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:10:52 AM
Bump
---
End of post.
#3SquirrelettePosted 12/14/2012 8:15:56 AM
It overwrites everything on the XL, so yes you'd lose MK. I don't know how or why you're getting the Layton download so I couldn't say for that one.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#4Danoh1989Posted 12/14/2012 8:39:31 AM
it overwrites mario kart but mario kart will be in your redownload list on the eshop
#5Gamemaster64Posted 12/14/2012 8:52:52 AM
Danoh1989 posted...
it overwrites mario kart but mario kart will be in your redownload list on the eshop

This. I had to do this last night.

Btw white xl with mk? Where?
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#6SquirrelettePosted 12/14/2012 8:54:18 AM
Danoh1989 posted...

How is that possible? Your system is tied to your shop account and MK would be tied to the XL shop account that would cease to exist. IF you were just formatting the system memory on the XL you should be able to redownload it, but the XL will effectively become the old system after the transfer. What you're suggesting would require the games from BOTH systems to be in your download list in the shop. Not gonna happen.
---
#7RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 8:54:50 AM
Danoh1989 posted...

So I do get to redownload it? Nice!

I'm in the UK btw.
---
End of post.
#8SquirrelettePosted 12/14/2012 8:58:59 AM
RomanticWaluigi posted...
Danoh1989 posted...

So I do get to redownload it? Nice!

I'm in the UK btw.

I think you better call Nintendo customer service and ask. If you're doing a system transfer it wipes the new system completely and replaces it with your old system info.
---
#9Gamemaster64Posted 12/14/2012 9:40:34 AM
Squirrelette posted...
Danoh1989 posted...

How is that possible? Your system is tied to your shop account and MK would be tied to the XL shop account that would cease to exist. IF you were just formatting the system memory on the XL you should be able to redownload it, but the XL will effectively become the old system after the transfer. What you're suggesting would require the games from BOTH systems to be in your download list in the shop. Not gonna happen.

Mk isn't tied to anything.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#10RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 10:04:49 AM
Gamemaster64 posted...
Squirrelette posted...
Danoh1989 posted...

Mk isn't tied to anything.

Ml is tied to the 3ds
---
End of post.