Can we deduce that Majora's Mask > Ocarina Of Time ?

#51Hi CPosted 12/17/2012 3:11:08 PM
The hell is this topic, lol. MM was hated like Final Fantasy 8 when it came out.
---
You'll be my John G.
#52MarioFanaticXVPosted 12/17/2012 3:21:16 PM
Undeniably. The ONLY reason OoT was so highly praised was because it made the jump from 2D to 3D, which caused many games during its timeframe to be overrated despite being inferior to many of their predecessors and successors (Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy VII, Shadows of the Empire, I'm looking at you).
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#53RazieruPosted 12/17/2012 3:23:52 PM
Stuff like this is ALWAYS subjective. The people that are making the MM & OoT comparisons however, are just ass hurt that MM didn't get the Game of the Year '98 award that OoT did.

Back then, all people could say about MM is that it lacked the depth of Oot, and the day gimmick butchered it/wasn't executed well. Nothing good was hardly said about MM. Now, they want to flip it, like everything else, and put it up their with the caliber of OoT a decade or so later, let alone claim its better.

It's quite the contrary what people say about MM now. I guess the possibility of a remake, and it seeing attention on the 3DS in general will lead to such contradictory and bs spewing from these people's mouths.
---
The psychological damage I effortlessly inflict on Nin10yearolds could not be more evident.
#54RedWaggonPosted 12/17/2012 3:25:05 PM
Majora's Mask was more dark, deep and personal while OoT was an adventure game that appealed to everyone. I personally like Majora's Mask better, but I can see why others don't.
#55BatenKait0sPosted 12/17/2012 3:47:52 PM
Windwaker

\/

Ocarina of Time

\/

Majora's Mask

Irrefutable.
---
Currently playing:
My World, My Way (DS); Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (3DS); Soma Bringer (DS)
#56renzsweetPosted 12/17/2012 4:12:11 PM
Of course you can. I, however, disagree. Still cannot push myself to complete it, no matter how many times I try. Ocarina, however, I have played and beat more times than I can remember, so have four of my children.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#57DarkGam3rPosted 12/17/2012 4:13:17 PM
"I... I shall consume. Consume... consume everything..."

Haunting game but it's my favorite; tied with Wind Waker.

Gotta love them repeating acronyms. (MM, WW)
---
"I'm no hero."
#58Paradox421Posted 12/17/2012 4:14:02 PM
RedWaggon posted...
Majora's Mask was more dark, deep and personal while OoT was an adventure game that appealed to everyone. I personally like Majora's Mask better, but I can see why others don't.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
#59slowbrosifPosted 12/17/2012 4:26:05 PM
Wind Waker > OoT > Majora's Mask
#60wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/17/2012 4:31:46 PM(edited)
MarioFanaticXV posted...
Undeniably. The ONLY reason OoT was so highly praised was because it made the jump from 2D to 3D, which caused many games during its timeframe to be overrated despite being inferior to many of their predecessors and successors (Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy VII, Shadows of the Empire, I'm looking at you).

eh, my favorite zelda game is LTTP by a wide margin. i railed against 3D supplanting 2D because i thought ps1 games looked like s***. i started playing OOT ready to hate. i was dead wrong.
---
it's simple. just be nice.