Can we deduce that Majora's Mask > Ocarina Of Time ?

#81Robot_SoopaPosted 12/17/2012 7:12:22 PM
Majora's Mask is art.

The kind of themes it deals with the emotion and symbolism. The way each character is given a real life and personality.

It's such a magnificent experience and I find something new to appreciate every time I go back and play it.

I honestly don't even think Nintendo intended to make Majora's Mask as good as it is. I could discuss Majora's Mask for days.
#82FalosPosted 12/17/2012 7:23:10 PM(edited)
>there's not going to be a tie
49%: Yes
51%: No
+400 votes
lolololololol
---
Ever squish your face on a window? Looks funny. Ever got stuck?
#83Robot_SoopaPosted 12/17/2012 7:35:55 PM
Arn544 posted...
WW: the graphics are stupid, (which subsequently makes the acting unbearable)

lol
#84hurley4Posted 12/17/2012 8:09:10 PM
I loved them both.
---
PSN: ChristianFour
#85Frozenx07Posted 12/17/2012 8:16:20 PM
I didn't realize so many people like Majora's Mask. For me, it's the only Zelda I don't like. I can't get through it. I always run out of time. It destroyed what I loved about Zelda: exploration. The game punished me for playing it. Couldn't even beat the first dungeon.
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558
#86zinformantPosted 12/17/2012 8:19:00 PM
Frozenx07 posted...
The game punished me for playing it. Couldn't even beat the first dungeon.

Every dungeon takes at least one replay unless you're using a guide. And that goes without saying getting INTO the dungeon usually takes a full three day cycle (or two of them if you're slow). It's part of the game, and, yes, it's unfair, but the game wouldn't have much without that gimmick. It IS a rather unprecedented sense of urgency, I think.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#87StephenYap3Posted 12/17/2012 8:23:55 PM
Not even the slightest.
---
I'm sad :(
#88Robot_SoopaPosted 12/17/2012 8:32:40 PM
Frozenx07 posted...
I didn't realize so many people like Majora's Mask. For me, it's the only Zelda I don't like. I can't get through it. I always run out of time. It destroyed what I loved about Zelda: exploration. The game punished me for playing it. Couldn't even beat the first dungeon.

What.

That's the entire point. You're supposed to feel that impending dread. The exploration was there but you had to make a sacrifice. You can explore this area and do everything there is to do but you miss out on this over here. You're not supposed to use the three days to finish three dungeons. You pick one area and you progress forward with it.

It's possibly the most content heavy, explorable and replayable Zelda there is.
#89jjars898Posted 12/17/2012 8:44:09 PM
Um, I think Majora's Mask took most of what Ocarina of Time did wrong and got it right, sacrificing a few dungeons, but it increased the complexity of the world. Learning the Inverted Song of Time was a major help (Play the Song of Time backward to slow time for everyone else down by half). They really should have put that on the Quest Subscreen, but I can live with it. What I didn't like was not being able to save until getting the Ocarina back. After that, though, the game was a blast. Quite literally, with Powder Kegs.
---
Proper grammar (no joke): "Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
#90jjars898Posted 12/17/2012 8:45:31 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Frozenx07 posted...

What.

That's the entire point. You're supposed to feel that impending dread. The exploration was there but you had to make a sacrifice. You can explore this area and do everything there is to do but you miss out on this over here. You're not supposed to use the three days to finish three dungeons. You pick one area and you progress forward with it.

It's possibly the most content heavy, explorable and replayable Zelda there is.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: With the Inverted Song of Time, the game gives you the equivalent of SIX days. More than enough to get all those Zora Eggs.
---
Proper grammar (no joke): "Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."