The Region Lock: Why?

#111_Izanagi_Posted 12/21/2012 7:09:12 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
I really, really, really, really, really wish I had a device to punch people over the internet. VampireRonin, Baha, and that one zinformant who may or may not be Baha's alt.

Posted this in another topic.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#112zinformantPosted 12/21/2012 7:40:08 PM(edited)
Who are you, and why are you spewing nonsense against me? I neither know any Baha nor have any alts.

IHeartMetroid posted...
You know that using a long dormant alt

Gotcha. I have 199 active messages, so I'm hardly a 'dormant alt'. I just don't hang out here often. You can take your paranoia elsewhere or, at least, aim it at someone else.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#113_Izanagi_Posted 12/21/2012 8:38:20 PM
Let me show you something.

SF_Baha posted...
Why? The company decides what regions get to play what games, not you. The distributor decides how the work is distributed. You are not entitled to play a videogame simply because it exists.

Baha's post.

zinformant posted...
Immoral? Nintendo doesn't owe you anything. If you don't like it, you put your money elsewhere. It's that easy. You have no right to be able to play games in every region. Don't pretend you do simply because other consoles are not region locked.

Your post. See the similarities? Only Baha can post something so stupid. You are Baha.
---
#114zinformantPosted 12/21/2012 8:55:10 PM
Me having made the same argument someone did in the past gives your argument no ground, bud. All message boards are are repeated arguments ad infinitum. There are only so many positions to take on an issue. Instead of accusing me to be some goof you don't like, actually provide a counterargument head-on.

And it goes without saying I have over 200 active messages. This is no 'dormant alt' as was alleged. That's impossible.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
#115_Izanagi_Posted 12/21/2012 9:21:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#116zinformantPosted 12/21/2012 9:33:01 PM
Unreal. The worst counterargument I've ever heard on Gamefaqs is along the lines of 'You don't get it!' This one, however, takes the cake. 'You're [someone you don't even know because you happened to make a similar argument to him]!'
---
#117_Izanagi_Posted 12/21/2012 9:53:48 PM
zinformant posted...
Immoral? Nintendo doesn't owe you anything. If you don't like it, you put your money elsewhere. It's that easy. You have no right to be able to play games in every region. Don't pretend you do simply because other consoles are not region locked.

When you say something as stupid as this, you should expect a response like mine.
---
#118mtjormitchPosted 12/21/2012 9:57:58 PM
zinformant posted...
Unreal. The worst counterargument I've ever heard on Gamefaqs is along the lines of 'You don't get it!' This one, however, takes the cake. 'You're [someone you don't even know because you happened to make a similar argument to him]!'

Region lock was only made to piss people off... it is pretty much all the reason it exists. If Mother remakes are region locked and not coming to America. I garentee I am flat out going to resort to any measures for Nintendo to not be dumbasses. I will even throw in the racism card if I have to... Just so people know. I am a Native American so... yeah... just saying.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#119zinformantPosted 12/21/2012 10:07:54 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
zinformant posted...

When you say something as stupid as this, you should expect a response like mine.

A stupid point elicits a stupid response? That's mature. You didn't actually address my point at all. I never said I supported region locking. I'm an importer. Not a heavy one, but I do...nonetheless, the entitlement of the folks (a small minority, mind you) who are anti-region lock is appalling.
---
#120mtjormitchPosted 12/21/2012 10:24:44 PM
zinformant posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
zinformant posted...

A stupid point elicits a stupid response? That's mature. You didn't actually address my point at all. I never said I supported region locking. I'm an importer. Not a heavy one, but I do...nonetheless, the entitlement of the folks (a small minority, mind you) who are anti-region lock is appalling.

Give me a reason why Region locking is a small minority when anyone who has ever wanted a game from another country but is unable to get it. Look at the UK, Russia, and even New Zealand if you want to know why this is not even close to a minority.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.