The Region Lock: Why?

#61SF_BahaPosted 12/19/2012 1:29:50 AM
Keep telling yourself that. I look forward to living in a ten star mansion surrounded by a moat and a private helipad made of solid diamond. All those things exist, so I clearly deserve them and will some day have them, no matter what!

<33
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#62shampoowarriorPosted 12/19/2012 1:32:31 AM
SF_Baha posted...
Keep telling yourself that. I look forward to living in a ten star mansion surrounded by a moat and a private helipad made of solid diamond. All those things exist, so I clearly deserve them and will some day have them, no matter what!

<33

Perhaps.
But, again, in reality, we'll be playing our region-free games on hacked 3DS systems within a few years with no consequences. Believe that.

How's work on that mansion coming?
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#63PokeMasterPosted 12/19/2012 1:33:21 AM
yay, there are others who understand how aussie gamers feel.

With the current exchange rate (and if the 3DS wasn't locked), it'd be much cheaper to import all games from the US instead of buying locally.

Related again, I think iTunes is being looked at for ripping off aussies for digital content as well.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#64IHeartMetroidPosted 12/19/2012 1:33:46 AM
SF_Baha posted...

<33

That's what you don't understand- if you have enough money to buy those things, there will always be people out there who will sell them to you, regardless of where they were made. Got enough money? You can have a moat and fill it with chickens if you feel like it.

If a game exists and an importer chooses to sell it, then it's not a sense of "entitlement", it's basic economics.
#65SF_BahaPosted 12/19/2012 1:37:05 AM
Great, actually. I found one about 30 miles from my house. It has someone living in it.... but clearly he won't mind if I take it from him for free. <33
---
#66IHeartMetroidPosted 12/19/2012 1:39:08 AM
" but clearly he won't mind if I take it from him for free"

Again, you seem to be unclear on the concept... Free does not enter into the equation at all, despite how you keep mentioning it.
#67RazieruPosted 12/19/2012 2:02:41 AM(edited)
Eh, it's a double-edged sword Nintendo decided to slide down on, TC.

You see, while this whole region locking bs was intended for them to regulate their profits "properly", they fail to honor the other part of this "plan" and put some real gumption into improving localization in general.

Why intend to "control" localization without improving its dire state FIRST? For ages many games never left their native region; but Nintendo, like any other ill minded business as usual, only care about securing that almighty dollar.

Also, lawl @ you guys for wasting your breaths on what appears to be Baha's silly little alt. The guy only knows how to promote his ignorance/ideals/opinions as facts.

Then he shots down, attempts to belittle people, and demand they prove their opinions supreme to his since they are perpendicular of his. Save yor time and breaths.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#68SF_BahaPosted 12/19/2012 2:10:36 AM
I have spoken no opinions.

Also, this is my main account. It wasn't my first account, but SF_Bahamut is no longer around. Technically DarkZero920 is older than this account, but I use this one instead because the name is closer to my original.

So... I use this account to be identified as me, not hide. Lol.
---
#69parKb5Posted 12/19/2012 3:42:48 AM
SF_Baha posted...

Why? The company decides what regions get to play what games, not you. The distributor decides how the work is distributed and your parents decide which game to buy for you. You are not entitled to play a videogame simply because it exists.

---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#70KAMMYqueenPosted 12/19/2012 4:23:17 AM
why are we still whineing about it:why?
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U