How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#1king_darksPosted 12/18/2012 6:32:42 AM
For whatever reason. Do you or do you not? - Results (1381 votes)
I do.
63.94% (883 votes)
I do not.
36.06% (498 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I don't think region locking is a significant enough reason to run the risk of compromising online and hurting software sales. While there are other people who feel otherwise or simply want the action replay back (Like me aswell :P) i can understand but i don't agree.
---
School days are back.
#2sockesockePosted 12/18/2012 6:44:25 AM
i want it to be hacked.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#321_21Posted 12/18/2012 6:50:58 AM
Wow, I'm surprised at the results....
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#4HakuPosted 12/18/2012 7:01:24 AM
Want it to be hacked. Region lock is enough of a reason for me.
#5kopo007Posted 12/18/2012 7:05:41 AM
If it means bypassing region lock, yes.
#6turtleman64Posted 12/18/2012 7:16:55 AM
Develop homebrew apps/games in 3D? Sign me up.
#7DarkStorm20191Posted 12/18/2012 7:18:53 AM
21_21 posted...
Wow, I'm surprised at the results....

I'm almost surprise, but then again this board as a whole has a self-righteous moment for being super legit so I'm actually not surprise. [Heck I wonder how many people are still ticked off that even the original DS got hacked xD.]

60% of those who voted for "not hacked", probably voted solely because they think hackers will automatically cheat online, which isn't always the case. <.< Because people were only able to easily hack online on the original DS because of using AR codes. (Before somebody asks, AR codes were also easily accessed to use on "flashcards" as well.) And because there are no "official" AR codes for the 3ds currently, it's borderline impossible to make any cheats for any 3ds system as of current.
While about 30% voted solely due to his or her own view of "morals", and the remaining 10% voted for reasons not stated above.

^This is just a random estimate, and personally I don't even care nor do I have the intention of offending anyone. However I'm guessing simply because I'm bored.

The sole exception might be Pokemon MD if there's a "wondermail generator" or something though.
---
NameNotKnown posted...
"There is a 0% chance of this happening."
#8blue_manPosted 12/18/2012 7:22:09 AM
Even if I have a console hacked I still normally buy games I want for it. I just like the ability to be able to import or play fan translations on unreleased games like Tales of Innocence.
---
Currently Playing: The World Ends with You (DS)
#9VampireRoninPosted 12/18/2012 7:48:18 AM
I do, for region locking and homebrew. I don't pirate games, but realize that is a serious consequence. That's why I wish Nintendo would open up the platform a bit. They should sell their own flash-carts that include a dev kit and homebrew license, so they would be embracing hobbyists but not pirates.
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#10nonexistingheroPosted 12/18/2012 7:59:01 AM
If you don't think region locking is significant enough you need to start living in Europe.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.