How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#11Wario_manPosted 12/18/2012 9:00:28 AM
i want it to be hacked.

---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#12EngineR2Posted 12/18/2012 9:22:27 AM
I wouldn't have cared, if it wasn't for region locking the system.

Since E.X. Troopers is not going to be released anywhere else in the world, well...
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#13nikowwfPosted 12/18/2012 9:27:10 AM
It's irrelevent, NIntendo finally figured out a way to kill the flash cards on 3ds. They'll just constantly plug the holes. It would be a chore to use it for piracy (which is what you all want). Waste of time.
#14king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 9:47:19 AM
Results are suprising. Scary to.
---
School days are back.
#15EngineR2Posted 12/18/2012 9:51:08 AM(edited)
Way to generalize, nikowwf. I can at least speak for myself, when I say that I do not want the system to be hacked for piracy. It's one of the main reasons why we are even dealing with the region lock, other than Japanese gamers not being able to buy games from here for cheap.

Region locking the system was a really dumb move, because if you ever go anywhere else in the world, and you see a game you want, too bad. You now have to buy a system, too. Not to mention, there are a ton of great games that are not leaving Japan, like E.X. Troopers, due to sales, and whatever else the problem may be.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#16T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/18/2012 9:56:06 AM
DarkStorm20191 posted...
21_21 posted...
Wow, I'm surprised at the results....

I'm almost surprise, but then again this board as a whole has a self-righteous moment for being super legit so I'm actually not surprise. [Heck I wonder how many people are still ticked off that even the original DS got hacked xD.]

60% of those who voted for "not hacked", probably voted solely because they think hackers will automatically cheat online, which isn't always the case. <.< Because people were only able to easily hack online on the original DS because of using AR codes. (Before somebody asks, AR codes were also easily accessed to use on "flashcards" as well.) And because there are no "official" AR codes for the 3ds currently, it's borderline impossible to make any cheats for any 3ds system as of current.
While about 30% voted solely due to his or her own view of "morals", and the remaining 10% voted for reasons not stated above.

^This is just a random estimate, and personally I don't even care nor do I have the intention of offending anyone. However I'm guessing simply because I'm bored.

The sole exception might be Pokemon MD if there's a "wondermail generator" or something though.

Voted no. And there's plenty of good reasons for that.

One is indeed that it will enable online hacking. Something which I do not appreciate at all. The other is piracy, either you wish to accept it or not it's a huge problem that will annoy a lot of developers. Maybe enough to make them publish the game on another console.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#17DeathSnipe777Posted 12/18/2012 10:00:14 AM(edited)
I do eventually.

It's irrelevent, NIntendo finally figured out a way to kill the flash cards on 3ds. They'll just constantly plug the holes. It would be a chore to use it for piracy (which is what you all want). Waste of time.

lol no. Flash carts that are still supported, such as Supercard and Acekard, worked around that firmware update in about two days. People will always find a way. And it's a lot harder for Nintendo to keep releasing firmware updates that block flash carts than it is for flash cart teams to work around those firmware updates.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#18EngineR2Posted 12/18/2012 10:04:16 AM
You know, I can understand why people don't want the system to be hacked. I remember how much fun Mario Kart Wii was online. Once the hackers started to arrive in droves, I left. Almost for good! And I was on there almost every other day. If it's one thing I can't stand, it's cheaters online.

With that being said, however, I still chose yes for hacking, because if there's one thing I can't stand even more than cheating, it's not being able to play video games on a video game system.
---
#19toad133Posted 12/18/2012 10:12:16 AM
No. People mis-use it ala Mario Kart Wii as already mentioned, and it also hurts software sales. (The reason we didn't get AAI2 is because AAI got pirated so much.) So while region locking prevents us from getting games, hacking can also as proven in this case.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#20XashowdPosted 12/18/2012 10:38:27 AM
VampireRonin posted...
I do, for region locking and homebrew. I don't pirate games, but realize that is a serious consequence. That's why I wish Nintendo would open up the platform a bit. They should sell their own flash-carts that include a dev kit and homebrew license, so they would be embracing hobbyists but not pirates.

This. I honestly don't want it to be hacked due to online shenanigans and the threat of Piracy, but something like this would mitigate that problem a bit, not to mention pave a way for more good Indie games on the 3DS, and maybe certain Apps that it's in need of (Youtube springs to mind first...).
---
Official Member of the MnK! I am The Wandering Nightwind, Xashowd!
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.