How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#121dillo9000Posted 12/18/2012 4:28:48 PM
When the new Pokemon comes out on the 3DS, it would need to be hacked or competitive battling will die off.
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Persona 3 FES
#122blakenickPosted 12/18/2012 4:30:13 PM(edited)
Region locks are a jerk move.

Some of my best DS games were imported like Rune Factory 2 and Monster Rancher. Plus region free meant that I could buy US titles and get them pretty much a year early. Which was good because I was excited for the release of stuff like Dragon Quest.

Also Heaven's Lost Property (Sora No Otonoshi) I would have totally gotten if it was out in English.

Oh but with that said it's still the developers choice, even if I think it will lose rather than gain them money.
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now
#123longlivemegamanPosted 12/18/2012 4:53:30 PM
I most certainly do... I DON'T however want cheaters in online games like Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising. But that's probably going to happen whether I like it or not.
---
Don't hope for a new GOOD Megaman game. In the end it's only going to get cancelled.
R.I.P. MML3, MMU and Rockman Online...
#1242000eramaaxPosted 12/18/2012 5:18:26 PM
I want it for mostly homebrew,but I will pirate(to an extent) if I have no money or if it's 2 or more generations behind.
---
WiiU/3DS Fc: 2363-6674-0779
maniax300/maax300/manax300
#125confettistormPosted 12/18/2012 5:25:18 PM
Of course, this generation wants things for free.

Have you freeloaders ever realized that if we all thought like you that the developers would not get money and would no longer make games?

Think about that... stupid freeloaders and hackers...
If you want to play it, pay for it.
#126Chenmaster2Posted 12/18/2012 5:29:14 PM
Online cheaters can go burn themselves!
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#12790sRetroGamingPosted 12/18/2012 5:50:07 PM
confettistorm posted...
Of course, this generation wants things for free.

Have you freeloaders ever realized that if we all thought like you that the developers would not get money and would no longer make games?

Think about that... stupid freeloaders and hackers...
If you want to play it, pay for it.

Most people here are rightfully complaining about getting rid of region locking. what are you on?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#128hotgamerPosted 12/18/2012 5:53:58 PM
The thing is, if it's a software exploit that can just be installed on the SD card, doesn't matter if Nintendo release a firmware update to patch it, pirates won't update.

You wouldn't need to update, since it's obvious they'd find a way to play games that require newer firmware and make it work on that older firmware.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#129SF_BahaPosted 12/18/2012 5:57:26 PM
Of course not. The region lock is necessary to uphold price discrimination. Without region locking, gamers would be less tolerant of having to pay higher prices for games in their region versus another and would begin to import from the cheaper regions, effectively paying less for the same game.

If you can't understand why a company doesn't want this to happen, you clearly understand nothing about business.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#130SF_BahaPosted 12/18/2012 6:01:47 PM(edited)
Also, judging by the responses in this topic, Nintendo clearly needs to make updating mandatory if people think they can get away with just not updating and then magically Nintendo bends to their whim and they automatically get what they want.

I can't wait until systems and consoles are embedded with 3G chips for updates, chips that are integral to the operation of the system to prevent tampering. I can't believe it has to be said, but not getting what you want isn't an excuse to screw the law and just do it anyway.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.